Monday, August 29, 2005

Our 3rd Monday

So today was our 3rd Monday in rehearsals...very, VERY hard to believe that only 2 weeks ago most of us didn't know each other and we just started rehearsing this show. Today, we ran the show 2 times through - and spent some time cleaning up a lot of important things. PLUS - on our second run today, we put the Orchestra track with the sound effects and incidental music with the show - which added a new element and a new excitement. I mean - you can sit there and IMAGINE what Charlie's burps might sound like, or what sound Blueberry Violet might make when she explodes. But you get a whole new dimension to the show when you HEAR the pre-recorded bleches and bubble explosion. It's all a part of a little thing I like to call 'music theatre magic'.

Also - for those of you familiar with the movies and/or book, you will know that Augustus finds his end with a chocolate river. Well, since this is the "Dollar Fifty Production" of Willy Wonka (as our esteemed director, Graham, likes to point out) instead of Tim Burton's multi-million dollar version, the river has been scrapped for a vat...and YOURS TRULY gets to tuck and roll into the vat every show. And I want to take this time to tell you all - I HATE IT MORE THAN ANYTHING. There. I said. It's small - I had a panic attack the first time I went into it - and although, in the end, I am only in there for about 2 minutes TOPS, it does feel like atleast 4 hours has passed before they wheel me off stage and dump me out. SO - I am going to attach a picture of the VAT - with my gams sticking out. The time between the first picture and the second picture is about...oh...7.3 seconds. So I go from standing beside it to rolled up inside it. WHO is the luckiest boy in the cast? If you could see me typing, you'd see my hand raised! It's ME!

And stay tuned - our next big picture entry should be THE PUPPETS OF WILLY WONKA: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!

Until then - good night!
Gussy



Gussy checks out the chocolate. Gussy is STUCK in the chocolate.
(Thanks to Jen, Jackie and Tara for saving my LIFE everytime I go in!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home