Tuesday, September 06, 2005

t minus 9 hours...and counting....

So....this is it. Our 3 week rehearsal process is up. Our little show is packed away into the back of 2 big 26-foot trucks. All of us, at this point, are all packed up and ready to head out. And I'm sitting here looking at an empty room with my 3 bags (suitcase, book bag and computer bag) sitting in the middle...FINALLY realizing it's for real. (Or if it's not, I'm going to feel pretty silly showing up at the Kennedy Center tomorrow with all this stuff. OH well.)

Anyway - so all day, everyone has been asking me how I'm feeling. I would like to offer a buffet of choices...all of which describe some passing feeling I've felt atleast once today:
  • Excited
  • Nervous
  • Apprehensive
  • Thrilled
  • Blessed
  • Scared
  • Happy
  • Gassy (nothing to do with the tour)
  • Lucky
  • Honored
  • Sleepy
  • Ready to give it a shot

So there it is. More than anything, I'm feeling that no matter what happens, I have the greatest support system of friends and family out there cheering me on. And even if you are all just doing it for the backstage passes, the comp tickets and the RAGING parties that I'm sure I will start getting invited to with hordes of celebrities, that's fine with me. Because no matter what, you each played a part in getting me to this point - whether you had to push, pull or just get out of the way. (Unless you are some of the people reading this that I don't know...then I'm going out on a limb by saying that you probably haven't really done anything to get me to this point...so unfortunately, there will be no invitation to raging parties for you. Sorry.)

Anyway - the overture is starting...see you out there!

Gussy...out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

brilliant blogboy, we need snaps of you too! thanks for making this vicarious voyage possible. fracture a femur, you Lewis & Clarkian explorer of the Other Side (of the Mississippi, and of the Heart of Artness). as Bugs would say, "Bon Voyagee!"

Tue Sep 06, 08:49:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO

It's Josh Doyle. We have a present for you. We were going to give it to you at the party, but we tripped over a Beast and a Beauty. The magic has begun. How can I give it to you? BTW - I have a livejournal, but I think I may defect to this blog thinger. All my livejournal friends hate me.

Tue Sep 06, 12:59:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home