Monday, September 26, 2005

Tahlequah means 'Two Is Enough'


Sadly, we packed up and left the magical town of Norman, OK and the University of Oklahoma. We were only there about 24 hours - we did 2 shows - but we all had such a great time, we wanted to stay a bit longer. The Sooner Hotel turned out to be a fun little stop. I'm pretty sure it's a converted dorm building - but it has a charm of it's own, and VCR's too! Check it out at:
http://www.housing.ou.edu/soonerhotel/
Saturday night, Eric and I walked over to Sonic Burger and we stopped at 7-Eleven on the way back because I need to get a Slurpee (to feed my addiction...and because 7-Eleven's are HARD to find in the Midwest!) So we stop in - and I go to the machine that RESEMBLES a Slurpee machine. But for some reason, in these parts, they don't call them Slurpees. They are called Icy Drinks. So I got one, but I'm still just a little confused by the differences I continue to find in different parts of this country. But I guess if I could just wrap my mind around it, I might find out that these differences are what make us such a richly diverse country. But then again, I doubt you can find all that out through contemplating the name of a Slurpee...or an Icy Drink, as the case may be.
So we did our shows - in a beautiful space on the OU Campus - and then sadly, it was time to pack up and go to Tahlequah - which is about 3 hours East of the Oklahoma City area. It was a pretty uneventful drive...although those present were treated to a pretty moving rendition of the musical PARADE by Matthew A. Anderson* and Eric Thompson* (*members Actor's Equity Association.) And then, just to pass the rest of the time, we did a quick run-through of RAGTIME - the musical.
Today has been a day off in Tahlequah - which included laundry, a trip to the post office and lunch at a local Mexican restaurant unique to the area...called Taco Bell. The rest of the day has just been resting, emailing, and chillin'. And now, we're watching SUPERSTAR - because we found it at Wal-Mart last night for a mere $5.50.
Tomorrow - 2 shows here in the big T, and then Wednesday we are going to Tulsa - our last stop in the Sooner State.
Unless something else EXCITING happens tonight, we'll catch up with you all tomorrow or beyond!
Ciao!
G


This is a statue on the campus of OU. It's just outside the building we performed in...and I thought it was a cool statue. I especially enjoy my black and white shot. I'm really good with a camera.

\
Laundry fun in Tehlequah. The glamour of life on the road! Andrew and Tood reading, on the Left. Tara folding, on the Right.


Jackie and Eric pass the time at 'Laundromat' in Tehlequah. Pretty catchy name, eh? Laundromat. Good stuff. Simple. Straight to the point. And me showing a full bag of fresh laundry! Hooray!


Chris pulling his clothes out of the dryer. Nothing more. Nothing less. No witty caption available.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite part of the picture of you, Matt (other than you, of course) is the sign in the background that lists the rules, among them "No Poking Sticks." I'm glad there are no poking sticks in the laundromat in Tehlequah. Thanks for the updates Matt, keep 'em coming!

Tue Sep 27, 11:47:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home