Friday, February 02, 2007

Snapshots From Texas

So...where have I BEEN? Right? I would love to return and report that since we left San Antonio, we've been on an endless adventure of amazement and excitement across the Texas terrain. Well, we've been to Richardson, Texarkana and now College Station...so if you want to classify that under 'endless adventure of amazement and excitement', then you might want to re-evaluate your social life. Richardson was quick and fine...Texarkana was quick and fine and a little bit stinky...and College Station seems like it's going to be a good time.
The real reason you haven't been getting updates is because of ABC. That's right. ABC. Not the list of letters you learn as a young child. We're talking the network giant, ABC. They went and made the technology available to go on their website and watch past episodes of shows you may have missed. Specifically, they have decided to add the ENTIRE first season, up to date, of the family drama 'Brothers and Sisters'. I hadn't seen an episode of it....before this week...and now, as I sit here writing this, I can say I've seen all 13 past episodes. And I can't wait for the newest episode next week! But yeah...every night I would sit down to blog, and I'd remember where I was with the Walker Family in B&S, and it was DONE!
So now that I'm caught up, it's time for a look back over our past week through the pictures I've taken. It's a wild ride...and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Have a great Friday...and even a better weekend.....
G
SAN ANTONIO

Our trip around San Antonio began with a stop at the random nitrogen tank on the sidewalk, across the street from our hotel. Felicia inspects the tank. All is well.

A cool building in downtown San Antonio that is NOT the Alamo.

The Alamo. Remember?

Scenes from around the grounds of the Alamo.

A couple shots of the EXPLORERS...on the grounds of the Alamo.

L: Jonny and Felicia enjoy some time overlooking the Riverwalk. R: Felicia ponders her time in San Antonio.

At the end of a long day of exploring, we all rewarded ourselves with a GIFT at the Meixcan Market in San Antonio. Jonny and I got wrestling masks...just like in Nacho Libre. And Felicia went more feminine...with the paper flower halo thingy. A very successful day for all.

RICHARDSON, TEXAS (north suburb of Dallas)

While I was in Richardson, I got a chance to hang out with my friend from way back in high school, Dan Weber and wife, Hillary - and their 8 month old twins, Josua and Mia. It was great to spend time with them...Hillary made an AMAZING meal...and I was a huge hit with the kids. Well, atleast with Joshua! Enjoy the pics! Thanks for EVERYTHING, Webers!

Joshua.

Mia.

Joshua expresses how he REALLY feels about our 'photo shoot'.

I also learned that Joshua has an affinity for nose-grabbing. (Mia hadn't warmed up to me holding her yet....)

This is a 'Photo Shoot' of me trying to get both kids faced forward and looking at Dan. I LOVE all 6 of these pics...because there is SO MUCH going on in them! In the end, we got it done, for the most part. SUCH cute kids.

L: Hillary and Mis. R: Dan and Joshua.

Me and the Hobbits. HONESTLY! Look how huge I look next to these 2! I'm officially UNHAPPY with this picture! And I TOOK IT with my camera!

TEXARKANA, TEXAS

If you were wondering...Texarkana is a city on the Texas/Arkansas border...that is divided down the middle. State Line Road runs down the middle of Texarkana...and each side has it's own functioning government and police force and the likes. Sounds pretty interesting. It was actually less than that. Kind of a sad little town...that smells kind of funny...but has a beautiful venue. The Perot Theater. You figure out the naming of the venue.

Steve took this creative phot of himself at the state line in Texarkana! Thanks for the share, Steve.

Texarkana was the place Jonny picked up the NEW Madonna DVD that was released. Here he is opening it, minutes after purchasing it.

HAHAHAHA! So I tried out the color-accent on the PINK on the album - but it ended up making Jonny look bizarrely colored. But, I had to share it. It's actually pretty cool.

On one of my trips out in Texarkana, I found THIS magical little gift for Rachel: the MONICA doll!

And here is MONICA! She comes with 4 hair helmet things that you can swap out for each other. And to make it easy, they created her bald. Brilliant. And such a deal for $1.99.

Rachel wasted NO TIME ripping the packaging open and exploring Monica's hair options with her...and consulting her on what works and what doesn't.

Monica spends some time on a photo shoot with her various looks.

Oh MONICA!

Llama and Monica curl up after a long day.

CAST PEDICURE DAY! And guess what? It was Jonny's FIRST pedicure experience. So......how did he like it?

You be the judge....

Highlight of Texarkana? Meeting Felicia's Grandmother and Grandfather...who live in the area and came to our show! I'm pretty sure they were 2 of the NICEST people I have ever met...and seemed to really love the show! Thanks for coming, Curry's! It was a pleasure to meet you!

Rachel, Jonny and I re-create the statue in the fountain infront of our Texarkana hotel.

COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS

OK. So Tyler is NOT College Station...but we stopped in Tyler...and I snapped a picture for my nephew, Tyler!

Well, I couldn't let Rachel and Monica have all the fun! So at Target today, I found dolls for Felicia and Roe in the DOLLAR SECTION! BONUS!

WHY, you ask? Well, because this is the packaging for Felicia's doll. I call Felicia my little theater pixie...and HER doll is the pixie doll. UNCANNY!

The dolls were a HUGE hit with the girls...who immediately started having their dolls do Pilates. For some reason...

Looks like a perfect ending to a great day. (Notice....even Jonny got some bling bling.)

OK. WELLLLLLLLLLLL...maybe not COMPLETELY pefect.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where i ask, where are the M&M's? unbelieveable anderson

Fri Feb 02, 04:12:00 AM EST  
Blogger anais odessa said...

wow..that was a marathon of blogging...thanks! ps...the pics were fantastic...especialy the last one...someone in my office asked me what was so funny...have to go back to work now...ciao.

Fri Feb 02, 10:30:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

matt, i can't believe that you were questioning your journalistic value a month or so back. this was LOL funny!!! thanks,
MN Cousin

Tue Feb 06, 06:50:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home