Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sylvania, Ohzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....oops...



Well friends -
We got to Sylvania today - and I'm just HOPING that because of Columbus Day, we found things slower than normal. (I'm afraid that we saw it at it's peak...and that is sad.) On a positive note, we're staying at a Wingate Inn & Suites - www.wingateinns.com - and I have never seen nor heard of them, but I am a huge fan. Nice accomodations, great internet connections, good location, clean and reliable. Check out a Wingate Inn near you!
So it's a cute little town - not like Eureka Springs cute - and it's like 9 miles West of Toledo...so I guess if we get that bored, we can head into the big city. (I laughed even as I wrote that. I slay me. Big city...hahahaha....)

So...this is some stastue...of the city...so....yeah.....

Eric and I headed out today, once we arrived, to find something to eat and check out the little Main Street. The girl at the front desk pointed us to a couple of restaurants just a couple of blocks down - so we went on a trek. Come to find out that the eateries we were led to didn't open until 4pm or after, so we asked at the Rite-Aid and were led to Custards Cafe and THEY WERE OPEN. A tuna melt was had - all was well.
Tonight we found a sports bar near the hotel to watch Monday Night Football - and it was quite the experience. The place was called FRICKERS - who ARE these people!? - and the food was fine, the wait staff was loopy, and the game was good. www.frickers.com Evidently, there is a PUSH to get our waitress and her friends to throw us a party (anyone smell Decorah written all over this?) I'm sure any developments I have on that subject I will get out on my BREAKING NEWS TICKER!

L-R: Andrew and Chris pose with our waitress, Stephanie (in the pink) and Brittany (in the blue). A quick look at the Fricker's Menu shows the ANDREW Baby Back Ribs - and they are evidently 'frickin' lickin' liscious.' And finally, I tried their cheesecake - but only because they gave it to me free because they said it was my birthday. The cheesecake, NO LIE, is a 2. A 2! Luckily...FREE.

That's about it. Shows Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm sure SOMETHING has to happen between now and then blog-worthy. So we'll catch you when we catch you.
Ciao!
G

p.s. Please don't go searching...there really isn't a breaking news ticker. I made it up. Because I'm crazy like that.

So - somehow - Brittany ended up at our table, eating her dinner. Andrew, Chris Sizemore, Torg, Chris Schardin, Brittany and Emily chill out around our table.
See Andrew hard at work coloring his 'Almost Willy Wonka Color Page' from Frickers. (It just happened to be a Wonka-Look-Alike.) And then, Andrew shows off his hard work. Good work, Andrew. E for EFFORT! Audrey - he stayed in the lines....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MATT!!!! I had no idea you would be this close to the promised land (aka Michigan!) If Sylvania ends up being a bit too slow, you should drive up to the great state of Michigan and visit Detroit in all its glory, or you can go visit Canada, yes Canada. I'm going to have to talk to my Mom and get her to come down and see your show! Hope you are having fun, sorry about the bad cheesecake.
Brendan

Tue Oct 11, 12:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home