Friday, October 07, 2005

Travel Day Fun



Not much to report today, Blog-Reading-Friends. It was a travel day - from our stop-over in Rolla, Missouri last night to our final destination of Dayton, Ohio today. It's good to be back in the Eastern Time Zone again. (But I do miss Fayetteville....hahaha)
The drive was pretty uneventful - a lot of sleeping, a whole row in the van dedicated to the OC, the drive-by sighting/photo shoot of the St. Louis Arch, lunch across from the G-Spot (see picture below), and missing pretty much ALL of the 'Welcome To Our State' signs.
Our big HOTEL SURPRISE tonight was finding out that the guys all ended up with their own rooms for this one stop in Dayton! A huge cause for celebration...just because it's nice for us all to have our own space every so often. MISS YOU ANDREW!
See my collection of pictures below...and people...I have to say that I'm PRETTY let down that I don't get more comments from all of you. This is a great forum for you to send messages to all of us...but your performance as Blog-Readers, thus far, has been LESS than superior. Let's see if we can't be a little better at this. :)
Thanks!
G


When there isn't much else going on in the van, I like to do some candid shots of everyone. L-R: Chris shows off his new knife...while sucking on the pacifier candy he bought on one of our stops. What the CRAP? Eric in the navigator seat...with tissue in his nostril to stop the drip. And finally, Jackie gets some face-time during the 10 minutes (TOTAL) she was awake during our 8+ hour drive.


Well, we had a ROUGH day getting WELCOME SIGNS. The first is the OFFICIAL 'Indiana State Line' sign. Eric was manning the camera out the front window today. Thanks, Eric! The second is the big, fun WELCOME TO INDIANA sign. As some of our previous pictures have shown, the sign is actually located to the RIGHT of the edge of this picture. You really can't win them all. I am ok with that.


So here is the G-Spot. At first, I thought it was a car wash. Chris thought it was a gas station. I am happy to report (hmmm...happy might not be the right word) that this is a full-service ADULT GIFT SHOP. A mere HUNDRED FEET off the freeway. PHEW! No cars are washed or gassed here. And for some reason, that makes me feel better.

AND NOW - for a little game, similar to WHERE'S WALDO. This one is called: WHERE'S THE ST. LOUIS ARCH?
GO!


***This game was brought to you through the photography skills of Mr. Chris Sizemore, Ms. Tara Giordano, and myself, Matt Anderson.
I think the most fun was deciding, as we wove through the area, WHICH side of the van the arch was going to end up on! It's the little things, really....


A group of us hanging at the Extended Stay America...these apartments really ARE efficient.


Um - I find this sign strange. It's in the stairwell of our 3-story hotel. It entertains me...so it wound up here.


Here it is...the CHEESECAKE of the day: Caramel Fudge Cheesecake at the Dayton Hooters. WHO WOULD'VE THUNK? Actually, Chris, Andrew and I all enjoyed the cheesecake. I am going to give it a 7.5 on the M.A.S.E. Pecans and caramel? How can you go wrong!


No one is more excited about their Extended Stay America suite than Tara - who is BUSY slicing, dicing, boiling and frying everything she can think of. When she isn't expressing herself onstage or through yarn, she'll be in this kitchenette, expressing herself through food.
And while Tara cooked, Jackie listened to music and performed for us the Mariah Carey hit, 'Cookin' At The Extended Stay'.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i'll respond- hooters, g-spot and Kum n' Go's? What has happened to you and what is this trip really about??? miss you tons! CES

Fri Oct 07, 03:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
I read your blog EVERY DAY! It's my new addiction. Everyone in your group seems great, and your entries make me miss my home. I grew up in the more flat, boring part of Iowa, surrounded by miles of cornfields. I loved it though. And your night in Rolla took me back to the days when Adam and I were still dating, because he went to school there at UMR! Thanks for memories, new and old! ~Sharon S PS-GO BRONCOS!

Fri Oct 07, 04:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MAnderson said...

CES - great question! This tour is about uncovering the perversity of the Midwest. And I think it's working. I still have your K-n-G lighters. Sending soon!

Fri Oct 07, 05:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
I've tried to comment several times, let's see if this one makes it through.

I've loved reading about your adventures. I must say, you are a wonderful blogger and at times, it feels like I'm right there with ya!

I've lost your email address, so this will have to do!

Mon Oct 10, 09:40:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matty--Schmatty--

I miss you! What a great way to capture this adventure! So glad all is going well--I love reading about the Mishaps of Matt! I have been envious of the dessert photos...Did you hear...Miss America is Januray 21st and possibly in Vegas!! I may have to go....Can you come?
Who loves you, baby--Shauna

Tue Oct 18, 04:42:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home