Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Wonka. Season One. The End.



It's in the books, people. 2 shows...one big rehearsal. Our school audience today was probably the most BORING audience we've had. They could've cared LESS about the show and the story. This is what we call MARKETING TO THE WRONG DEMOGRAPHIC. Do Middle Schoolers, upwards of 12-14 years old, REALLY want to give their imagination over to a group of 7 people rolling puppets on and off stage, and skipping through bubbles? I'm going to tell you, from my expert opinion I formed today, NO. They do not. Oh well.
NOW - we have all said our good-byes to the people who are leaving from Columbus. At 5:00am EST, Eric, Jill, Andrew, Jackie and I will load in our white van, and we will head down the road towards the East...towards our homes and towards our Christmas plans. At the same time, everyone else will be going their own separate ways from here in Columbus.
If you're bored on a Tuesday morning or afternoon at work, and you have my number, give me a call and say HI! We're on the road, and we could probably use the company. (I would give you my cell phone, but I don't want crazies calling me...being the pseudo-celebrity that I am. But if you've got the digits, dial 'em. Or track them down. Come to think of it, it would be a fun game to see HOW MANY PEOPLE we could hear from....hmmmmm....) IF you're worried that you'll have to go 3 whole weeks without GOGLOOP.BLOGSPOT.COM, you can stop worrying.
Over the break, I'm going to be testing out some new features I plan to bring in to Season Two of Wonka - including VIDEO FEATURETTES! (Please hold your applause.)
The entries will be more spaced apart, and they will probably include more fun little stories of my nieces and nephews, who will be beating me up in Boise...but the blog will roll forth!
So until next time...we're OUTTA HERE, Season One! Thanks for the memories. Remember to have your pet spade or neutered. Operators are standing by!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY HANNUKAH! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
later.
G

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
This is Brendan, long time listener, first time caller, just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful season one. Its been so great reading up on your adventures, as well as those of the cast and crew. Its been a highlight of many a day here at the office and at home. Can't wait to see you back in DC and to see what new things the blog has in store for us. Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas!
Brendan

Tue Dec 20, 09:37:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home