Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rehearsals Continue....

Rehearsals in full swing...

It's time for another installment of REHEARSAL PHOTOS! Exciting, I know. I was sitting thinking today that so far, there hasn't been a lot to report from rehearsals. On the road, there are stories and places and foods and events and STUFF that happens. If I wrote about our day everyday, it would basically say, "We ran the Oompa-Loompa scenes. We ran them again. Lunch break. And then we ran the Oompa-Loompa's once more." Who wants to read that?

Anyway...this is just a quick selection of photos from our 2nd week of rehearsals...and a heads up as to WHO is WHO in the cast. I'm sure you'll all be picking out your favorites...and watching closely for my 'Meet The Cast' installments. Patience. That time will come.

Until then, get back to work.

G

L: Fall Violet (Tara - left) meets Spring Violet (Felicia - right). R: Rachel takes a well-deserved break.

L: Cristina and Mama Gloop hard at work. R: Jeffrey takes a break for rehearsing his number.

L: Elisa and Kirsten (National Tour Manager - standing) watch what appears to be, from the look on their faces, something scary. R: Ingrid (choreographer), Graham (Director - standing), and Dan (Music Director) watch as the antics on stage unfold.

L: Rachel starts working-in some of her props...to the delight of many. R: Um...we were a little loopy at this point.

Kirsten stops by to check on Felicia and Cristine...who just moments before this photo was taken were punching each other. Not really. I just wanted to see if you were reading the captions.

These 2 pictures are part of an important little story. Today, while rehearsing her Veruca number, a few people were talking to Roe about the special PERSONAL touches she adds to her dance...like little hand twists and turns. And like a true champion, Roe shot back with what I cosider to be the line-of-the-day...or LOTD. "I add that extra FLAIR to deter from my lack of dance experience."

3 of the 4 boys of Wonka 2005-2006 are reunited at the Kennedy Center!

For Jill.

* * * * * * * * *

Who's Who In Wonka 2006-2007

Steve Tipton as WILLY WONKA

Rachel Brennan as MRS. BUCKET/WONKA'S ASSISTANT

Roe Kizeik as VERUCA SALT

Tara Garwood as VIOLET BEAUREGARD (Fall)

Brian Rodda as CHARLIE (Spring)

Jeffrey Scott Bailey as MIKE TEAVEE

Felicia Curry as VIOLET BEUAREGARD (Spring)

Cristina Flagg as UNDERSTUDY FOR WOMEN'S ROLES

Chris Sizemore (left) MIKE TEAVEE UNDERSTUDY and Eric Thompson (right) CHARLIE (fall)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU, MATT!!!!!!! I love that you gave me a three muskateers shout out!! That made my day!!! I showed everyone around me the picture and they were, like, "I don't get it..." but I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! I miss you!

Thu Aug 24, 06:19:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Jeff Bailey is a sweater. Yep, that would be the only downside I see for Wonka, year 2. Love you Matt, and Eric and Sizemore and Frace and Gillian and Tara and Elisa and......... okay I'm gonna stop now.

Fri Aug 25, 02:27:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to use your blog to talk to others but I needed to send big sloppy kisses to Emily! Hi!!!!

Fri Aug 25, 11:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Cristina said...

I'm so mad at that picture.

Wed Aug 30, 06:11:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cristina's mad at HER picture!? I look like I should be in a straightjacket!

Sat Sep 02, 12:32:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear he chose the worst ones of us all. Love the blog, Gussie. And I'm stealing all of your pictures.

Scary Willy Wonka

Sun Sep 10, 11:24:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home