Tuesday, October 31, 2006

No Place Like Home

***EDITORS NOTE: Please be aware that the Craters of the Moon entry, this entry and the following entry are all what we like to call 'CATCHING UP' entries in the world of blogging. Or in MY world of blogging. I am not back in Boise...we are continuing our tour of terror south through Oregon. I am sorry for the confusion this may have caused any readers. Please know that as much as I try to keep it current...as a human, I'm going to get behind. So lay off me, RACHEL OLIPHANT! :)

A couple of shots of the cast on the Morrison Center Stage.

This is the story of our time in Boise. Les Bois. The City of Trees. Our time was very VERY limited...but we made the most of it. Already you've heard about our trip to Old Chicago. And that was a blast. Our 2 shows in Boise were awesome! We performed at the Velma Morrison Center on the Boise State University campus. It was a coming-home, of sorts, for me to the Morrison Center, because I've had the chance to do a few shows there in the past!
The greatest part of our trip to Boise was the chance that I had to get back in touch with so many friends from the area! And to have SO many people take the morning off work or school to come see the show! Even with NO night show, we had 2 VERY full audiences (the 2nd show was sold out!) and I had a great time catching up with friends and family!

Here I am with my friends, Jeni and Amy and their kids and moms and sisters and inlaws and others.

L-R: Rhonda Holland, me, Phyllis Peninger and Cheryl Wees...my DirecTV Ladies! SO great to have you all there! Thanks!

Family Lunch at Red Robin! Here, my niece, Samantha, and my nephews, Austin and Tyler, pose for the camera. R: Samantha shows off her amazing artistic skills!

My cousin, Brenda's son, Kent...who at 6 1/2 is QUITE the artist. He gave me this drawing after we took the picture.

A section of the Anderson Clan at lunch, post-show! HUGE THANKS to my Aunt Carol, Cousin Brenda, Aunt Willie and Uncle Jim for coming to the show and hanging out aftewards! MUCHO love.

A lunch-time disaster. I spilled Roe's ice tea on the seat...and my butt ended up soaking it all up. Karma.

Our second night in Boise we headed out to my brother, Jeremy's house, and we had a HUGE feast of Korean food...prepared by Jeremy's wife, Christy! Sadly, Christy had to be out of town, but she prepared an amazing meal....and between Jeremy's flawless skills as host, and my dad's amazing bbq-skills, we had a great night! (I'm pretty sure my other sister-in-law's taco dip and my mom's amazing peanut butter brownies factored in there, too!) There was ping-pong, air hockey, swings and a lot of storytelling and laughing. Hopefully, for everyone, it was a little slice of home! (For me, it was a big slice of home AND a big chance for FREE LAUNDRY! Thanks Jer!)

The crew chows down on their Korean Feast!

Roe and Rachel sneak away from dinner to SWING!

Roe and Craig play a mean game of ping pong, while Tara watches.

The whole group on our way out. Brother Jeremy is in the center. You can find him because he looks a LITTLE bit like me. Father Anderson is in the mustard-colored shirt. Everyone else is a Wonkerer.

Post-dinner, Jeffrey, Eric and I headed to my dear friend, Natalie's house. Natalie does hair and she has a mini-salon in her house...and she took the evening to take care of our hair needs! We had a great time with her...and like all chances to hang out with Natalie, it was a laugh a minute. If you ever find yourself in Boise and need a haircut, let me know. Natalie is your gal!

Here is the Salon Night at Natalie's Salon! Everyone was happy with the outcome.

The next morning, we sadly checked out of the Best Western Northwestern Lodge, packed up the van and headed down the Interstate. My chance to return to Boise with the show? No real way to describe it. I was humbled...to have the support and friendship of so many good friends there. I was excited....to be able to share my life, family and friends with my cast of friends. I was relieved....that everything happened with little-to-no trouble and that Boise was a great venue and audience. But more than anything, I realized how BLESSED I am...to be doing what I love doing and to be sharing it around the country...and specifically at the place where I got my start.
Idaho is in the record books...and as soon as I report on Oregon, we'll be caught up. So there!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
G

So this has nothing to really do with our time in Boise...except that we came home one night and this dude was all sprawled out by the pool. Rachel and I thought it was funny...so I snapped a picture. I sure hope he wasn't dead...or hurt. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home