Monday, October 23, 2006

The Horsley Clan of Arvada

A quick group pic before everyone headed to the OUTDOOR heated pool - at 9pm. BRRRRR.

So as I've mentioned before, one of the coolest parts of this tour is the chance I have had to re-connect with old friends as we travel around the West. As you know from my last entry, I had the chance to hang in Denver with one of my first college roommates, Scott Horsley and his wife, Shelly, and their 6 kids! The greatest part about the visit is that even though it's been like 11 years or so since we last saw each other, it was as if no time had passed while we sat around and talked and laughed about life. I mean, besides the 6 kids, my life on the road, and the considerable amount of hair Scott doesn't have any more, not much has changed between us all!
I had such a great time with the Horsley's this weekend....mainly because they just let me chill out and relax from our craziness on the road. And probably the most fun was just getting to know their kids and throw them around! Since the older boys all are in school, I got to spend a lot of time during the day with Shelly and Josh (who is 2) and Josh and I became fast friends! He took to calling me, "MAXTH!" He had such a great volume at saying it, too!

here are some random shots of Josh during out party time together! I love the HAT picture...because he wanted to wear one of my hats around while I was wearing the other one.

ANYWAY - I just wanted to give a huge shout out to the Horsley's! Thanks for the food and fun - and for coming down to the hotel Saturday night to eat, hang out and party in my ENORMOUS room! Sorry the pool was not as heated as they promised...and I'm still a little mad we didn't have the SLUMBER party...but I'll get over it! I mean...you DID take me to Chili's - and that really fixes EVERYTHING most of the time.
I PROMISE that it will NOT be 11 years before we get together again. I'd like to work at getting it under 9 years this next time. I think that's realistic!
Sure do love and appreciate you guys. Tyson, Brandon, Ryan, Nate and Josh - take care of your little sister, Abby - and always listen to your parents! See you soon!
CIAO!

L: Shelly, Ryan and Nate strike a pose. R: Scott, me and another college friend, Jason Reynolds, got together for lunch and catching up. A good time was had by all.

Here is the youngest, and only girl, Abby Mae. She is going to grow up WELL protected by her brothers!

L: Nate-man practices his flying! R: Ryan strikes a mean pose.

Brandon gets suited up for football practice.

L: Nate and Josh, post cookie binge. R: Cowboy Josh saddles up. (Everytime I was in the room I was staying in, I would turn around and Josh had dragged something else into the room to show me. The horse was my favorite.)

Our Trip To CHILI'S

L: Josh R: Nate-man

L: Ryan R: Brandon

Annnnnnd....TYSON!

The Horsley family enjoys a quiet dinner out at Chili's...to celebrate my LEAVING! THANKS, guys. Miss you already!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pictures of the children (of course you had great subjects). If your acting career ever falters, I think you definitely have another career option. I wish you could have come to Ginger's wedding, I'm sure your candid shots would have been great.
Mom Sizemore

Mon Oct 23, 11:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home