Monday, October 30, 2006

P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N

So we are in Salem, Oregon and have had the past 2 days off. In those 2 days, I have slept a lot, ate a fair amount, and seen 4 movies in the theater. I have also tried to tell myself that I need to pull myself together and BLOG the Boise stop! I try...and I get sidetracked. (Another movie anyone?) I try again....and I get sidetracked again. (Flavor Of Love Reunion show, anyone?) And I try AGAIN...and find myself far too tired and dreading waking up for our 10am show tomorrow!
Now....I know it's Monday morning and you are all logging in to see WHAT the Wonkerers have been up to the past few days. But you're going to have wait a LITTLE longer! Once we get our show out of the way tomorrow morning, I'll be revved up and ready to blog.
But there is ONE thing I have to report before falling to sleep. Yesterday, when Craig handed me my stack of mail, I received a very unxpected and VERY welcome surprise package! It was a manila envelope from MOM SIZEMORE!

The Sizemore's in Dayton last year. Mom Sizemore is in the middle!

In the envelope...one of the most exciting things I've received in a LONG TIME! A t-shirt for the new movie 'We Are Marshall' - about the Marshall University Football Team in 1970! While we were performing in Huntington last year, they were filming portions of this movie. And now it's almost time for it to come out! And now, because of the kindness of Mom Sizemore, I'm a SMALL part of the W.A.M. movement! You can bet your bottom dollar I put the shirt on immediately and wore it all day Saturday around Salem. No one said anything...but I'm PRETTY sure, from the looks, that I was the envy of all who laid eyes on me.
To show my appreciation, I immediately picked up the phone to call and thank Mom Sizemore! I didn't get to talk to her...but I left her a message...and while I was leaving the message, I snapped some pictures with my camera to post on here! I wanted you all to feel like you were there with me at this exciting moment!

Here are a couple shots of me wearing the shirt and leaving the message. Can't even believe how cool the shirt is!

This is the point in the call when I am explaining to Mom Sizemore, on the messaeg machine, that the shirt will be my halloween costume.

So that's it. I promise the report on Boise and the surrounding activities as soon as I can tomorow. Until then, watch the Marshall trailer a few times...talk about the Flavor of Love 2 Reunion show around the water cooler...and have a GREAT Monday!

Later.

G

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huntington has not been the same since the three Matthews left town...Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Fox and of course the one and only Matthew Anderson!!! You look stunning in the shirt.
Mom Sizemore

Mon Oct 30, 10:46:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home