Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Belated Greeting, An Apparition And A Case Of The 'Unfortunates'

So this blogger is SPENT after the uber-post I made yesterday. Monday everyone just did their own thing. I blogged and went to the mall and then we had a Mexican feast, compliments of our dear stage manager, Elisa! It was tasty goodness...and it was fun to just hang out with everyone. After the game, Chris and I decided to head downtown to a sports bar to watch the night of St. Louis sports: the Rams were playing the Colts on Monday Night Football (in Indy) and the Cardinals were taking on the Astros in game 5 of the League Championship (in Houston). I got on line, through the St. Louis Tourism site, and found a sports bar downtown. After getting lost initially, we found the bar (which looked a little sketchy from the outside) and went in. And it was the right decision! Once we got inside, we were among 'the people' - real fans out cheering their teams on! For those of you who follow the games, it turned out to be a great night for the Cardinals and a terrible night for the Rams! It was fun to watch the baseball game...and Chris and I even found ourselves cheering and jumping around with everyone when Pujols hit his home run to give the Cardinals the lead...and ultimately the win! Now the series heads back here to St. Louis for games 6 and HOPEFULLY game 7...and this just in: I AM GOING TO GAME 6 on Wednesday night. I ended up fooling around on eBay tonight and just bidding on 2 tickets on a whim...and I WON THEM! So me and one of my castmates (undecided at this point) will be heading IN to the stadium tomorrow night.
Today we did our first 2 shows here...and they were fine. The space/stage is VERY small - but a nice venue and the kids were VERY enthusiastic...which are our favorite kinds of audiences. The rest of the day was spent around the hotel...watching movies, napping, writing postcards...oh, and a company meeting. And OF COURSE my eBay experience. GO CARDS!
The only other note is to wish my younger brother, Tim, a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! October 18th is his birthday, and today he turns 29! Hope it was a good one, Brother. And for him, a note: always remember, Stephen Grover Cleveland is the man this country needs.
Until I have a report on the game - LATER!
Gussy


A BELATED GREETING:

Puppetmaster Chris wanted to send out this VERY SPECIAL (even if it is belated) Birthday greeting to his BEST sister ever, Pam! Happy 22nd, Pam!

AN APPARITION:

So I saw a ghost in my room today...and captured it on film. AMAZING. If you're not buying that, then you'll be happy to know that its smoke that filled my room when I turned on my stove to cook a pizza today. Luckily, I finished cooking my pizza over in Tara's room - and even more lucky, my smoke alarm and sprinklers didn't kick into action. I feel so safe....

A CASE OF THE 'UNFORTUNATES'

So this person has nothing to do with our tour...just found the picture online today when I was reading an article. This person (he or she...haven't decided) is one of the composers of the new musical on Broadway, 'The Color Purple'. Check out the show at www.colorpurple.com It's a beautiful show...but this composer wins my 'Case Of The Unfortunates' Award for the day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
Have fun at the game tonight, can't wait to get the update on that. Glad your shows went well and thanks for the post on the "Unfortunates," it is very funny. Will this become a regular feature on your blog.
Brendan

Wed Oct 19, 11:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger MAnderson said...

Friends - your voices have been heard! Happy to make "A Case Of The 'Unfortunates'" an regular blog entry. As I come across the cases, either online or in my daily travels, I will share them all with you! Thanks for your readership...and comments....

Thu Oct 20, 03:28:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home