Friday, October 28, 2005

More Chi-Town Fun...

So...today there wasn't much to report. We did 2 shows for the children of Crystal Lake - and I'm going to be honest with you...they were boring. They just weren't THERE. I mean, the busses brought them and physically, they were THERE...but they just weren't 'THERE'.
Anyway - we did our shows...and then we each headed into the city to do our own things. I went and met up with my friends, Carolyn and Jeff Donarski - and their 2 daughters, Abby and Lilly (who is like 2 months old.) Carolyn and I worked at The Kennedy Center together - and they are both from this area...and moved back here about a year ago. We went to Harry Caray's and it was great to see them and to catch up with them. After we ate and talked, they went home and Chris and I met up and walked around a bit before catching the train back.
You will be HAPPY to know that I lucked out and got a ticket to see PURLIE (a musical) at the Goodman Theatre tomorrow night! It has been sold out all week - but when I decided to stop by this afternoon, they said they had ONE ticket for tomorrow. GOOD FORTUNE, Blog Readers.
Below - please find some additional CHICAGO PICS that I didn't fit on to yesterday's HUGE blog - or that I took today and wanted to share.
2 more shows tomorrow...and then we're all of to the city again!
Have a GREAT Friday...or whatever day it is you read this.
Word - G


More PICTURE FUN inthe bean-cloud-reflection thing in Millennium Park. We're insane.


This is 'La Grande Jatte' - and although the picture is a little blurry (I must've been NERVOUS to be so close to the masterpiece), it still captures the size of the picture and how cool it is. And seeing it up close is way cool. I don't think that woman on the left really appreciates what she is seeing. So I pushed her out of the way.


So yeah - this is my new favorite painting. 'Paris Street; Rainy Day 1877' Artist: Um...can't spell his name right now....



A little Pollock (Left) and a little Rothko (Right).


Andrew...passed out on the train home. He had..um...a little to drink this night.


So this is the restaurant in front of our hotel...known for it's CUSTARDS! And they let you know everyday what TODAY'S FLAVOR is going to be. UNFORTUNATELY, the day I walked by, Today's Flavors consisted of what you see above. The first one, ok. The other two...um...not in my custard, sir.


Just a couple of shots of the famed CHICAGO THEATRE - right here in Chicago, Illinois. Who knew? It's a cool looking...so I snapped some shots. I'm IMPULSIVE like that.


Chris got excited about holding the world in his hands when we saw this as we walked through the city tonight. And so we took a picture - and ended up meeting a homeless minister who was hanging out near the globe. Luckily we met him, because he had a couple of very important messages for us: 1. remember to keep smiling; and 2. spare a homeless minister some food. We obliged him with 1 of the 2 - because smiling is cheap, easy and free and because we didn't have any food and needed to catch our train. But tangent aside - here is Chris holding up the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I forgot to say in my previous post, and this may just be me, but the giant metal jelly bean in Millenium Park reminds me of the spaceship from the movie The Last Navigator. Is it just me?

Mon Oct 31, 11:44:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home