Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Case Of The 'Unfortunates' 2

So, I'm sitting in Wendy's downtown St. Louis with my dad the other day, while my mom and my cast-friend Tara are up in the Arch, and out of the corner of my eye, I see what I THINK is a guy standing on the corner in one of those tan-brown camouflage outfits our military wear in the Middle East. Out another window, I watch some people walk past the guy and then turn and look at him. And then I look closer....and this is why it qualifies as a case of the 'unfortunates'. (And THANK GOODNESS I had my camera....)
It wasn't a man in fatigues...on closer observation, it turns out it was a woman in a pant suit. And it was a bad, bad, bad pantsuit. And it wasn't just me - because I saw NUMBERS of people passing her on the street turning to take a second and third look. It was at that point I knew that I need to snap the pictures and award this Missourian the coveted 'Case Of The Unfortunates' Award. Sure it's a new award - but already it's become a social commentary on what, unfortunately, happens in our society on a regular basis.
Stay tuned for even more awards...to be awarded as I see them....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt-
I'm so relieved to NOT see myself in a surprise "Case of the Unfortunates" picture! But my real reason for commenting is to tell you and your cast/crew and everyone else who is reading what a FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, TALENTED, PROFESSIONAL group you are! The show is clever and witty (even without the bubble fall) and we found it entertaining all three times because each show and each audience brings a new dynamic! I'd like to be an Oompa-Loompa for a night! We will just have to wonder what it would sound like if our son's part had included any songs. . .

Mon Oct 24, 03:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home