Wednesday, November 16, 2005

'La Crosse' is French for 'Not Much To Do - But Atleast It Is Snowing'

Hey there everyone.
Today was our day off here in La Crosse...and we all slept in, slothed around and did our own things. The weather was over-cast and rainy/drizzly all day - and then long about 5pm-ish this evening, it turned to snow! SO - we have all been celebrating all night the arrival of the snow!
And to celebrate, I went out on a drive to 'Historic Downtown LaCrosse' to find Mr. D's - Restaurant and Bakery. This place was recommended to me by a friend, Melissa Stamps, who lives in DC and who was in LTA's TOMMY with me this past summer. She is from here and said that Mr. D's was THE place to go. A SAD NOTE: Melissa, I went at 10pm, to the Night Walk-Up Window, and they were OUT of the Triple Chocolate Donut. The guy said they go fast. I bought a variety dozen - and I will try to get back over the next couple of days to try THE donut.

They didn't have the Triple Chocolate Donut, but they DID have a sign I could take a picture of.

Um - there it is. The first snowfall of the season in La Crosse.

This afternoon, I headed over to Cousin Cindy's house to hang out and do my laundry - so, as Cindy said to me yesterday, 'your undies won't have to touch anyone else's undies.' Gotta love the philosophy I call 'The World According To Cindy'. I did my laundry, hung out and watched TV and then had dinner with Cindy and Corey. And luckily, Corey agreed to a photo shoot with the art they have on their basement walls.

So evidently, there are so many deer in this area that the houses in these guys neighborhood has trouble with deer running towards their house and trying to jump THROUGH the houses - and then getting stuck in the wall. Once they are stuck, there is nothing to do but feed and water them and make them part of the family. Cindy and Corey have these 6 in their walls.

Tomorrow we head to the theater for the first of our 2 shows here in La Crosse (the 2nd is on Thursday). Hopefully, I can venture into downtown LaCrosse and check it out! Or atleast to the mall to see if there are any other scarfs or hats I need.
Hope the pictures carry this entry - because the entry itself sure didn't. I fell asleep typing it!
Good night!
G


We've all really committed to the Wisconsin-lifestyle...and have all sprouted wedges of cheese on our heads...and we can't get rid of them.
Unless, you know, you grate them away....


2 more new Cheeseheads. It's hard to sleep with a cheesehead, but it can be done. Eric proves it here.


On my drive to Mr. D's tonight, I looked down and the mileage turned to 10,000 miles! We got the van with like 15 miles on it. We've racked up quite the miles around the Midwest. And each mile has a story to tell....too bad all of them don't start with burning sweaters or puddles of bubble juice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's thursday morning...you better have gone to Brother's for 10 cent wings last night...Sizemore knows what i'm talking abooot... C2!!!!

Thu Nov 17, 10:24:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home