Thursday, November 17, 2005

MORE LaCrosse Fun

FIRST OF ALL...I am a terrible Uncle. Yesterday was my niece, Leah's, 4th birthday. I talked to Tim, my brother, the night before her birthday, when they had her party. I told him I was totally planning on calling to talk to her on her birthday and wish her a happy one! AND OF COURSE, in the rush of my busy life (please note: extreme sarcasm) I totally forgot! I would like to use the excuse that my cell phone isn't working among the bluffs of Western Wisconsin (which it really isn't), but I have enough cast members who would let me use their phones to call her. So in the end, it boils down to me being a terrible uncle. BUT - to try and make up for it a little....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEAH! I LOVE YOU!!!
That's about the extent of the excitement here. One show today...which I'm pretty sure the quiet (quiet = boring) kids from Indy were bussed in for. Everyone went their own way after the show, and my way included lunch at Panera with Elisa, Jackie and Eric (where we acted like gameshow contestants when they called our name to come get our food...we clapped and RAN to the counter...because we could...), a quick trip to the mall (must....stop....going...to....the...GAP....) and then over to Cindy and Corey's for a little FAMOUS DAVES brisket and to hang out when my Aunt and Uncle arrived. We had a nice visit- and they are all coming to the show tomorrow. I am HOPING they have replaced the boring children with an exciting audience!
Tomorrow we have one more show here, and then it is time to pack it all in and head to Whitewater, Wisconsin. I think it's down past Madison...and we have a 3-show-day on Friday.
So that will be fun.
Sorry I don't have more pictures from here to share! It's been kind of a pictureless stay. EXCEPT for the one LOCAL masterpiece I found to share with you all. Aaaah Wisconsin.

I mean, let's be honest for a second. A Live Bait VENDING MACHINE? At first, when Eric pointed it out, I thought, 'Eric! Surely you jest!' But NAY - he was serious...as serious as this machine. What a delight!

4 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

Matt that live bait vending machine frightens me. I mean seriously... that machine is full of things that are alive. Don't go too close.

Thu Nov 17, 04:20:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I think the live bait vending machine is a GREAT invention! I mean, what if you wanted to do some late night fishing, but realized you didn't have any bait & all the bait shops are closed?? That machine is a wonderful solution! C'mon people, get with the times!

Thu Nov 17, 09:12:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Darren, that vending machine is scary. Good luck with the GAP addiction Matt, I totally understand.
Brendan

Thu Nov 17, 12:30:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, saw your show today in La Crosse. You and the caste did a great job. But, I still gotta say: "Augustus Gloop ROCKS!!!" Love the blog too. Keep it up.

Signed - A Proud Cousin (Thanks for the tix)

P.S. I don't get what's so funny about the live bait machine? Maybe I've been in MN too long. ;-)

Thu Nov 17, 05:51:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home