Friday, January 13, 2006

Part II: The Beginning (Again)

OK...this is the 2nd time I've typed this...and for that, I'm not happy.
PEOPLE - it is 3:50am EST - and we are just about 6 hours away from taking off on the 2nd half of this tour - and we are zooming in on the East Coast! I'm sitting here looking at my empty suitcase, with everything around me in piles...deciding what is needed this go 'round and what is not. I'm sure you're all waiting breathless. I think I'm excited to get going - I definitely have a lot of 'feelings' going on...but I think, for the most part, it's all positive. I mean, we know a LOT more about it going into it this time - and we all know what to expect. And since we have very little turn over (WE MISS YOU TARA AND TORG!), we are all ready to hop back together, catch up and get on the road. And I'm almost POSITIVE Andrew is ready to get back to watching the NEWS in our room! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! So we're off - heading north on I-95. Wave if you see us!
In other news, I'm sitting here packing with the help of a couple of friends. They are being very helpful...and have actually talked about hopping in my bag to go with me for this second half. I'm not sure how much room I have, but I'm going to see what I can do! I think even though there are 2 of them, and the van is cramped, they will add a lot to our group! So everyone give a big GOGLOOP WELCOME to my 2 friends.....

Hoops and Yoyo INSISTED on helping me pack my toiletries bag. They are very helpful!

And finally - a HUGE thank you goes out to all my friends here in the DC area who have taken time out of their schedules and lives to hang out with me and entertain me this past week. It was great to see you all and play catch up! Please forgive me if I missed anyone: Stephanie Felsted (just make the call!); Rachel Oliphant (um...you COMPLETE ME! haha); Darci Nelson (you rule...hives and all! And that PIZZA...mmmm....); The Bankers (Christy, Brian and Sarah - thanks for letting me crash the party on more than one occaison); Katie McManus (ripping stamps has never been more fun!); Brett Schwalbach (YOU WORK MIRACLES!); Keith Lambert (Thanks for waiting at Hard Times...); The Ogea's (I want SMILES next time, Audrey); Lacey Young (Ok...you didn't actually come to see me...but it was fun to catch up....); Brendan, Kelly, Melissa and Mary Elizabeth (Sheer Chinese Magic in that kitchen kids!); Bruce and Paul (you REALLY liked RENT?); My peeps at WSB (I know - I was there a lot. SORRY!); Kara Tull (See? Georgetown Cafe RULES!); Sam Nystrom (Atleast Will Ferrell was funny....); The Rosman's (a futuristic THANK YOU for the ride to the KC); and The BLOCK'S (Sorry about E.Rose...but it's always a great time with you guys....)

Steve and Allison Block...please adopt me. LOVE YOU KIDS!

That about does it...this bag AIN'T packing itself. Talk to you all in CONNECTICUT!

Cheers -

G

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to hearing about all of the "Wonka escapades" during the second half of the tour!! Enjoy the day in the van and drive safely.
Mom Sizemore

Fri Jan 13, 07:39:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would almost be worth waking christy up to show her the pic you posted of her... but i think i'll save it for the next time she's mad at me...
and i do want to see your xmas pics... are you taking classes or something?
hyung

Mon Jan 16, 03:48:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home