Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend Highs, Lows and Snows...


So...it's Monday morning when you're all reading this (or after Monday morning), and I hope your weeks are off to a great start...whoever you may be.
This past weekend went fast for us here in the Newark/NYC area. We finished up our shows in Newark on Saturday - 8 shows in 4 days - and everyone took off to do their own things after the shows. I continued to mourn the loss of my LCD screen on my camera - and although the pain is real - I decided to try and snap some shots, regardless of what setting it is on (since I can't SEE the settings to change them), and I have included some of those pics below.
Instead of big stories and paragraphs, I'm just going to do a quick run down of the highlights (or lowlights) of my weekend. These are in no particular order.

-HIGHLIGHT: The Rosman's came to town! I took them to VYNL - since it's my new favorite restaurant in NYC - and we had a great time. After dinner, Elisa, Heidi (Elisa's sister) and I went to see Barefoot in the Park.
-LOWLIGHT: Barefoot in the Park was TERRIBLE. I ended up giving it a 2. Terrible acting. Just a boring production. Even ELISA fell asleep.
-HIGHLIGHT: Brendan Walsh and Kelly Benedetti came to town! They came to see WONKA on Saturday afternoon (braving the storm), and then today, I met up with them at...where else...VYNL. (I want everyone to know the truth of VYNL. So back off.)
-LOWLIGHT: I woke up Friday morning to check and see if the camera was just a bad dream. I quickly learned it wasn't.
-HIGHLIGHT: The Blizzard of 2006! DEEEEEEEEEEE-lightful! So much snow...so beautiful. Glad I was here during this record setting storm.
-LOWLIGHT: Taxi's in Newark during the Blizzard of 2006. They do not exist. I walked the mile and 1/4 to the train station this morning because there were no taxi's to be found. I almost got plowed off the road twice. NEVER a dull moment.
-HIGHLIGHT: I saw RABBIT HOLE today...a new play on Broadway. It was simply stellar. I gave it a high, high 8 on the MASE. Those who really know me will be shocked to hear I got a little emotional.
-LOWLIGHT: The pain of the camera situation was so real, everywhere I went.
-HIGHLIGHT: The Olympics started! And although I missed the Opening Ceremonies on Friday night when they were broadcast, I caught the RE-broadcast that started at 2:35am EST on Friday night/Saturday morning. I LOVE the Olympics.
-LOWLIGHT: My trip to Best Buy on Friday re: the camera incident. Basically, Alex at BB said they will look at the broken LCD and deem it user physical damage...which is not covered by the Best Buy or Canon warranty. So Alex wanted me to buy a new camera. But I punched him in the face and said NO and ran out of the store.
-HIGHLIGHT: Atleast, through it all, Rays Pizza is ALWAYS open.

-JURY IS STILL OUT ON: Grey Gardens - the musical Jackie and I saw tonight. I mean, it was the craziest thing I have seen on stage...maybe ever. It was like 2 totally different shows - the 1st act from the 2nd act. and yet, it wasn't. But I just can't do it justice by explaining. Remind me or Jackie to tell you about it in person. W E I R D . . . . . . . . . .

Anyway - Monday is a day off for us...and then Tuesday, we pack up and head to Wye Mills, Maryland. Exotic sounding, right? Well, the craziest part is that we're only there for a hot second - and then we're BACK up to Staten Island. I mean...whatever. Never a dull moment.
Everyone is doing well...and happy to be done with our shows here.
Tomorrow, I am calling the Canon Customer Service line for the style of camera I have. I want to get a professionals opinion on getting my camera fixed. (Alex at Best Buy was the OPPOSITE of 'professional opinion'.) They are only open Monday - Friday, so I am ready to dial promptly when I wake up and start negotiations. At dinner Friday night, Heidi had the idea to have a 'Help Fix My Camera' Fundraiser on the blog...so I can keep bringing you the same quality blog entries that you have come to know and love. Don't get your checkbooks out JUST yet - but once I talk to Canon, I will let you know where we stand on the need for a FUNDRAISER. Maybe we'll have a Wonka-themed dinner/dance fundraiser. That sounds nice! And by ALL MEANS, if anyone, ANYONE has a camera-friend out there, that could give me some pointers on WHERE to get it fixed, PLEASE send them my way.
For now, it's time for bed. I gotta get to sleep so I can sleep in tomorrow. It's a rough life!
Stay warm and have a great week...where ever this entry finds you!

Peace.
G


THIS was an exciting night! My 2 friends named ELISA meet. Where? AT VYNL! And just look at how much fun they are both having!


L: Here is Hannah, giving some love to Hoops and Yoyo! R: Here is Hannah and I and Hoops and Yoyo...chillin'.


Here is Jackie, Jill and Chris at Ray's Pizza...after our Friday night shows. I was just experimenting with WHAT kind of pictures my camera would take. I think I have deducted that it's on the NIGHT setting. So that's fun.


I mean if I look good in regular pictures, how much BETTER would I look close up? This picture proves it. Jill and I sit and mourn the loss of the LCD screen. That is REAL pain on our faces. FEEL IT....


Just some shots from the streets after BLIZZARD 2006.
Some snow-people who were sitting on the streets of New York today. All things considered, everyone seemed to be in a very festive mood during the whole storm.
Not sure WHY I thought this picture needed to be taken. BUT - here it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
I think the lips on the snow people are very interesting. When we made snowmen, we just made a smile with rocks, not nearly as creative as these people. Dad Sizemore said that if he didn't have a wedding to pay for, he would buy you a new camera because we enjoy the blog so much. Keep us updated on any upcoming fundraisers! Hope you all have a fun "snow day".
Mom Sizemore

Mon Feb 13, 07:40:00 AM EST  
Blogger Exit Studio said...

Upon your recommendation, Edwin and I brunched at VYNL last Saturday and it was delish! We were up to see Chita's show which was enjoyable (she's still got the star power) and a little cheesy too (especially the song about the men in her life). Had a fab dinner at Chez Josephine where we had a minor celeb sighting of Stephen Gately (lately of Boyzone and now out, proud, and solo) who joined his friend who was the piano player/singer. It was especially twee when he sang 'I'm Not That Girl' from 'Wicked'. The snow storm was cool and we managed to drive home veeerrry slowly on the NJ Turnpike. I'm enjoying your entries. Never has a road trip been so entertaining!
Scott

Wed Feb 15, 07:06:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home