Monday, March 20, 2006

WHY can't I get OUT of Jersey?



so yeah. We are STILL in Jersey. Saturday, we moved SOUTH about 15 miles...from Union to New Brunswick. An interesting thing about New Brunswick is that this is where Rutgers University is. So you know...that's fun.
This weekend was fun. Did some shows, had a day off, did some more shows. The weekend was full of a lot of kickin' it, too. And when I think about it, it's actually a surprise that any of us made it to the weekend at all. WHY is that, you ask? Well...because not only was Friday a 3-show day (HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO US!), but we also had a little bit of what you would call a gas-problem on stage during the evening show. And I'm not talking gasoline or any kind of earth-friendly-natural-gas. I'm talking about straight-from-the-human-body-strong-enough-to-strip-paint-off-the-wall-and-melt-a-hole-in-your-clothes GAS! And I'm not about to name names...but I'm happy to note characters and say that the forces of nature combined and 'CHARLIE' and 'PUPPETMASTER' released something at the same time that literally - LITERALLY - enveloped the ENTIRE STAGE, and like a thick fog on a London morning, hung around for awhile. Eyes were watering...dry-heaving was heard...and noses were covered. And that was just ME! I was behind a set piece and could ward off the stench. But my comdrades on stage....they had no defense. I saw Jill, on stage, and her eye caught my eye, and the look she had....SHEER TERROR. So yes....we were all pretty darn lucky to make it through the rest of the show and into the weekend.


I do have to give props where props are due - and note that today, in New Brunswick, we performed at The State Theater - and it is a beautiful venue, and we had 2 REALLY great audiences. I can always tell when we REALLY have an audience - because they will clap at the halfway point when Charlie finds the golden ticket. It's very exciting. And the first audience today even found NEW places to applaud and be excited. When Violet came around the corner with her blueberry on, the audience went crazy. But come to think of it, it MAY just have been Jackie's one friend she had in the audience. I guess we'll never know.
Tomorrow - 2 more shows and then we pack it all in and head South....for Charlottesville, Virginia. Below, I've added a random splattering of pictures from the weekend...for your enjoyment.
Happy Monday to you all - and we'll talk to you soon....
Gussy


A Broadway Star of Epic Proportions...BRIAN STOKES MITCHELL performed at Kean University, where we performed on Friday. So - you know...I took a picture of the brick he signed. I'm a big fan.


Eric and Elisa. I was just playing around with my camera and this is what I got. Fun, right?


This is Jackie and her best friend, Amy...who drove down from Albany, NY to spend the weekend with Jackie. Amy was a BIG HIT with evreyone...very funny and easy to talk to! AND she liked the show. So that's abonus! Hope you had a safe trip home, Amy!


LOOK! Sweet Jackie went out to dinner with her cousin tonight and brought me a Creme Brulee Raspberry Cheesecake from the restaurant! HOW amazing is that? And the cheesecake received a low 9 on the MASE! That's right. It was incredible. Perfect cheesecakey-consistency.
Good flavor. Great crust. I don't even know where she said she got it from - but it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!


Not sure WHY this loaded so much bigger than the others...except I guess my computer really likes Anne Murray. This picture is actually on here for my friend, Darren...who is a Canadian and who really likes that Anne Murray. She was on the wall at the State Theater - so you know...it MUST be a great place.

***A NOTE - there are some more pictures I need to post...but Blogger and my computer are not seeing eye-to-eye right now...so I will have to add them later. Enjoy these, though. They were the lucky ones that got through.

G

1 Comments:

Blogger Sparklebot said...

My mom's name is Ann Murray.

Mon Mar 20, 11:07:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home