Friday, September 15, 2006

A Day Off

So today, Thursday, was our first day off this week. And when a day off rolls around, my rules are: sleep as long as you can, do as little as possible. We are on the go so much that I learned last year to take the down time when you have it. So today, I slept in, I did some emailing and then I hunkered down in my room for 6 or 7 more episodes of Veronica Mars. I'm pretty much hooked....and I really need to know the answers to some serious questions. But they will come in time. Or in Season 2. And don't THINK this addiction is all on my own...Eric is right there, watching each episode with me. (And if you want the complete truth, the addiction is thanks to my friends, Darci and Christy....who swore on their lives how great the show was. Those girls...I'm telling you what...they are right ALL the time. Watch out for their predictions....)

Tonight, thanks to our generous sponsors here in Ames, we went to see the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra on the Iowa State University Campus. It was tough to put the Mars family on hold - but in the end, it was SO worth it. The concert was great...and we all had a lot of fun! One of the coolest parts of tour is experiencing the life of the city and venues around the country that we are performing in. And this was one of those times. So a HUGE thanks to Iowa State for providing the tickets to the show!

Tomorrow, 2 shows here in Ames and then we head 80 miles up the road to Mason City, Iowa. And honestly...who isn't itching to be in Mason City right now? We're just the lucky ones who get to actually go!

Happy Friday to you all...enjoy your weekend! Gussy

Rachel, Tara, Steve and Roe all smiles at intermission of the show.

Roe gets down with her bad self during the New Orleans Processional at the end of the show.

The Wonkerers at the end of the NOJO show.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MATT. I am totally going to Mason City, IA at the end of October. By the way we need to exchange schedules, just in case.

Fri Sep 15, 02:16:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...veronica...how I spent the last month with you and now need to wait until OCTOBER for our friendship to restart...sad. and ps you are so right about christy and darci...if you haven't watched it yet, look out you might just find yourself watching the fracking sci-fi wonder that is battlestar galactica...-aoh

Fri Sep 15, 09:45:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its true. Ronnie Mars is the best, and indeed addicting! I have just 4 more episodes of season 2 left - if only blasted Netflix will send it! Let's be honest - bikers, 09ers, teen detective? I mean REALLY! And while yes, I fully agree with the C and D recommendations, I cannot sign on to Battlestar Galactica (though we currently have at least 4 friends strongly considering it).

Fri Sep 15, 11:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sparklebot said...

People keep telling me to watch Veronica Mars, but I haven't done it yet. Guess I better add it to the Netflix queue.

Fri Sep 15, 06:10:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell Roe to quit falling....and come on Matt with the pants...Matt i challenge you to find some pumpkin spice cheesecake, i mean come on its gettin to that time of the year its gotta be back out there

holla,
Chris Sizemore

Sat Sep 16, 11:24:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why was everyone else so obsessed with V Mars, I mean did they NOT catch the fascinating entry about the Corn Palace...come on people. And note to self, read ENTIRE blog before commenting...you might say something that would be embarassing just a few entries later.

Loves, again

Mon Sep 25, 06:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home