Thursday, September 14, 2006

Next Stop: Ames, Iowa

Today was all about the drive. We had a quick, relatively painless 4 hour drive from Eau Claire down to Ames. Just enough time to really get involved in Season 1 of Veronica Mars. (I'm hooked...IF you were wondering.)
Anyway - we arrived at our hotel and felt welcomed ALMOST immediately.

No one here but us actors and pig doctors.

The rest of the day was a day of rest...after a lunch at OLD CHICAGO! Luckiest find of the day!
We all splurged at lunch, because today, if he were still alive, Roald Dahl would've turned 90. And for that, we raise a glass. And a fork....to Old Chicago original cheesecake. (I'm pretty sure I reviewed it last year...but I needed SOMETHING to kick off the cheesecake tour this year...so why not something I know and love!)

Almost perfect....I'd give it a 9 on the MASE. Not as smooth and creamy as normal...but still...a BEAUTIFUL piece of cheesecake to kick of Season 2 of the US Cheesecake Tour!
Tomorrow is a day off...who knows what is instore.....
Until we find out...be good.
G

3 Comments:

Blogger MAnderson said...

rach11va - it HAS to be true...you can't MAKE stuff like that up. we were all delighted to see it upon our arrival.

Thu Sep 14, 02:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you didn't eat the cheese cake the pants wouldn't tear big boy-those costumes cost money you know.

Thu Sep 14, 06:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, I read it three times and I still thought it said "Swine Vegetarians"

Thu Sep 14, 07:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home