Thursday, October 12, 2006

SLC: This Really IS The Place

The sky in Laramie, WY.

So show day in SLC, I'm happy to report, was a HUGE success! It was our first 3 show day on the road...and there is no telling just how those days are going to shake out. Our 2 matinees were a lot of fun. The children were very well behaved...and I think they all really enjoyed the show. And what's more...the CAST was very behaved. I think aside from a few small un-noticeable mishaps here and there, we had a day to be proud of.
It was fun to have my parents in town to see a couple of the shows. They were on their way home from Arizona to Idaho - so they stopped in to see the show. In the past year, they haven't had incredible luck with seeing Wonka...since the week they came to see the show in St. Louis (which they ended up seeing 3 times) I had laryngitis, and last week in Phoenix, I had a microphone ON, but it wasn't working properly and so no one could hear any of the shenanigans that I add to the show. So it was good to have my parents at the SLC shows...so we could test out the theory that they are bad luck charms. The good news is, they are fine and could probably contine showing up in cities along our route with little to NO bad-luck-effect on us. We're pretty good at bringing that stuff on ourselves! But SLC was a blast and our shows were awesome!
A personal side note: A HUGE HUGE thanks to the friends who came out to see the show in SLC! Elisa's Sweet Mom, Cheryl, David, Brandon, Clay, Judi & Co, Summer, Sean, Sierra & Friends, Janie, Shannon, Nate, Tamara, Lou, Christian & Friend, The Mickelsons and OF COURSE, the incomparable Mel and Priscilla Anderson! The love and support I feel from all of you is HUGE while I'm on the road....and I appreciate you taking your time to come check out our little show. (And a HUGE apology to anyone that I may have missed listing here. It's late...I'm tired......)
Today was a driving day...with a cast-approved pit-stop in beautiful Park City! The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful...and we arrived at our hotel in Loveland, CO just in time to explore Target, IHop and the surrounding businesses. Tomorrow morning we're off to Colorado Springs...and our exploration of the Garden of the Gods...and our peek at the Peak.
Wonka's rolling on....
G

The girls and the boys show off our deluxe-accomodations in the dressing rooms at our SLC Venue.

Eric takes his chance to be Color-Accented.

After our show, Mel and Priscilla took Eric, Roe and I up to the 'This Is The Place' Monument...overlooking the Salt Lake Valley. This monument is in honor of the early Mormon Pioneers who came through the mountains and decided to settle the Salt Lake Valley.

Eric and Roe spend some time re-creating some of the statues at the monument.

L: Mel and Priscilla get a shot in with Roe and Eric before leaving The Place. R: Eric spends some time selling trinkets at the monument.

Another HUGE THANKS to the great friends who come to the show! L: Shannon, Myself, Janie and Cheryl after the show. R: Sean, Summer, Myself and Sierra strike a pose.

Here I am with my parents and some family friends, The Mickelsons, after the show.

After the show, we went out to THE COACHMANS for some cheap eats and good laughs. R: Tamara, Lou, Christan, ____________, Nate and Myself after our dinner. (Tour 1 readers...please remember Nate from his visit to the cast in Florida.)

Color Accent even picks up PEACHES! And Janie's excitement!

Saying good bye to Janie and Shannon in the parking lot.

After SLC....PARK CITY for an hour enroute to Colorado.

A unique statue in Park City. Eric tweaks the statue....

So...we had some free-time for photo-ops all over Main Street in Park City.

Wow. I'm ridiculous.

This was at a Taco Bell somewhere in Wyoming where we stopped for lunch. Rachel and I wanted Taco Bell - but our efforts were thwarted at the front door. LABOR SHORTAGE? Who knew.....

CASE OF THE UNFORTUNATES

At a rest stop in Laramie, WY. I mean...I did what I could to get the whole look. Rough, right? In the top picture, that GREEN on the left is my leg. Sorry. I was trying to be COVERT.

In Loveland, CO....Eric and I went to IHOP for dinner...and LOOK who was in the booth over the wall! Jeffrey and Steve!

WAIT! Maybe THIS is the case of the unfortunates. Not sure WHY the hat has ear-things...but they were there.

Eric and I have a good time in the HAT section of Target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home