Friday, November 03, 2006

California Here We Come...

Well...today was a travel day, and our travels took us to our destination for the entire month of November: California! Our first stop is San Rafael...and for those of you who know of it, you know that we are only minutes from downtown San Francisco. To celebrate our arrival in style, Elisa, Rachel, Roe, Eric and I headed down to the heart of the city - via a Marin County water taxi (a.k.a. a ferry) - and spent some time walking around, shopping, eating and laughing. A nice evening for one and all.
Tomorrow, everyone will go their own ways before we meet back for our 8pm show and then travel to Davis, CA.
Enjoy the pics!

Before we get to San Francisco pics...let's discuss THIS for a moment. This is the scene that met us at California Exit 709 - where we pulled off the take a break, get gas and use the bathroom. Um - to this MOMENT, I am still very unclear what this was all about. But I'll tell you this much - mannequin or not, I was uncomfortable standing next to her, as she watched me pee. I tried to put my back to her as much as possible. Just plain odd.

Everyone buys their tickets for the Ferrry into the city.

Roe excitedly drops her ticket in the drop box.

We all had fun feeling the rush of the wind during the 40 minute ride.

Various groupings of people from the outting. Notice my AWESOME slick-back look in photo #2. This is a product of wearing a hat all day. I was NOT trying to look like a mob boss.

Our destination awaits.

Roe and Eric both pose with San Fran's skyline.

I think, personally, that the Rt Of An Rancisco needs to invest in some LIGHTBULBS.

Elisa and Roe at Wipe Out - the surfer-themed restaurant we ended up eating at.

SO...I am a sucker for ordering the 'exotic' menu items! Tonight's item was SHARK BITES! Eric was a little scared when they first arrived...but after clearing the plate, it was a clear 3-1-1 decisions. 3 approved (Elisa, Roe and Eric), 1 did not (myself) and 1 vegan took herself out of the discussion (Rachel). A good time was had by all.

Our post-dinner walk took us to Ghiradelli Square...to the Ghriadelli Ice Cream Shop.

I'm not sure public restrooms are supposed to be as fun as these were to us. These little street-toilet things aren't JUST clean - they are smart as a WHIP! They wouldn't let you SNEAK in after a friend. You pay your own quarter, or you don't pee. Brilliant.

Eric studies the map of San Francisco. Pretty simple.

\

Friends on Pier 40 or something like that!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of you has to go into Amoeba Records in Haight-Ashbury for me. I love that city.
Miss you guys!
Former-Puppetmaster-Turned-Sound-Guy-Chris

Fri Nov 03, 08:14:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the manequin was the wierded thing you saw in CA, then you got off easy. ;-)

Loved the pix as usual.
-MN Cousin

Sat Nov 04, 09:55:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, In Davis I recommend pizza from Woodstock's Pizza. It was the best when I was there...um...>shhh<teen years ago when I was there. Go Ags!!!
-MN Cousin

Mon Nov 06, 07:48:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home