Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Washington Is For Friends

Our actual SHOW SCHEDULE in Washington is a complete BLUR to me. Once I was back from Vancouver, we jumped into shows in Bellingham (2 shows), and then Everett (8 shows) and then a drive across the state to Pullman (1 show) and then a drive clear BACK to the Eastern side of the state for 5 more shows in Kirkland! Bellingham, Everett and Pullman all had their own little experiences...and Kirkland is a story for another day.
The real fun of being in the Everett area was when my good friend, Josh Campbell, came to visit from Boise. Josh is currently a big star on Holland America Cruise ships - singing in the shows on board a number of their different ships. But luckily, our schedules KIND of crossed and KIND of put us in the same area of the country...so he hopped over to Seattle and we got to spend some time together catching up. Josh and I have been friends since we did this quirky little musical in Boise back in 1998 or something like that. We INITALLY had our differences, mainly because he hated me, but we got over it and became fast friends. It was great to have Josh in Seattle and I'm glad he got to see Wonka...3 TIMES! It was so funny hanging out with you, it made me think that we should PROBABLY write movies...just because we're so funny.
When we weren't at the theater for Wonka, we were kicking around the greater Seattle area, eating, sight-seeing, shopping and having fun! Josh spends a lot of time in port in the Seattle area, so he had a chance to show us some of his favorite areas. We had Roe, Rachel and Eric along for the fun - and we did a mad-dash through the Seattle area seeing the highlights and laughing a lot. We did the Space Needle, Unversity Place Shopping Center, Pacific Place Mall, Capitol Hill District, a drive by of Pikes Market (closed after 5pm on Sundays), and ate a lot of delicious food all along the way!
In the end, I have to give a HUGE shout-out to Josh. Thanks for coming - thanks for dealing with the zaniness of Wonka - and thanks for the INTENSE amounts of laughter. I mean HONESTLY...it was a blast. You're welcome anytime you want - and next time, if you plan it RIGHT, we can probably get YOU in a costume and have you go on as Violet, should the need arise. You've got the skill...and I'm pretty sure the 'magic' blueberry would fit!
Best of luck on the new ship, JOSH! BON VOYAGE!
Word.
G

Not quite sure why I took a picture of the venue in Bellingham and no where else...BUT...I did. And here it is.

Bellingham, WA is a city of REALLY strange murals. This one, if you make it large, is a multi-color block painting of the last supper. Just in a random parking lot across from the theater. Weird.

Thanks to Sound Man Mike, I found THIS mural....claiming that Bellingham is, you read that right, the 'City of Subdued Excitement.' HAHAHAHA. I'm moving there IMMEDIATELY!

Um, I think this is a museum or city hall or something. But to me, for some reason, when I see it, the theme song of The Office starts to play in my mind for some reason.

So Josh gets to town...and why NOT have his hair colored in my hotel room by Roe? Everett is JUST that exciting!

Josh gets an art shot at the Apple Store in Seattle.

Mean while, Rachel and Roe turn the CANDYMAN! video on in the store, set the volume to HIGH, and then high-tail it out of the store. A good time was had by all, as we walked off and heard the music blaring. WE GOT YOU, APPLE STORE!

L: Roe, Rachel and Eric when we arrived at the Space Needle. R: My art shot of the Space Needle. (I LOVE this picture!)

L: Josh and I show off our Space Needle tickets. LOOK at that excitement! R: Wonkerers waiting for the elevator UP!

Seattle from the TOP!

FRIENDS AT THE TOP! We've arrived!

We got stuck in some PRETTY brutal traffic, so to pass the time, everyone sang along to something on the radio or iPod...or in our heads. Regardless, we found ways to pass the time.

Rachel and Roe, going STIR CRAZY in the back seat.

And then, MY LIFE CHANGED. Thanks to my friend Brandon Christensen, I was led to the magical Mocha Cafe in Capitol Hill called Dilettante. And while there, I was served up the most amazing cup of hot chocolate I've ever had. It's called ephemere hot chocolate - and TRUST ME, it has the ability to change lives. Just be warned.

Josh tries to figure out the "street art" in Capitol Hill...and dance a jig in the process.

Strike a pose if you had fun in SEATTLE with JOSH!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristina said...

No mention of the understudy!?!?!? Wow.

Fri Dec 22, 12:20:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Scott Lindstrom said...

I just sailed on the Westerdam (Holland America) where Josh was a featured performer. Was looking for a place to let him know how much we enjoyed the shows. Anybody know if he's on FB or anything?

Sat Jul 21, 06:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home