Friday, February 16, 2007

What's UP In Lincoln?

Well, we've been in Lincoln for 3 full days now....and I think the HIGHEST we've seen the temperature get is 11 degrees. That's right. 10 + 1. 11. Mmmmmm. We've been keeping busy...wether it's been sleeping, or eating, or sleeping, or going to movies or you know...hanging out inside - so as not to freeze outside. We have had a COUPLE of outtings...which have all proven to be exciting and fun!
Tonight, as is the case with this hotel, I've had problems uploading pics....it has ended up taking a LOT of time....but I got my pics from 3 of my 4 outtings posted! The last one, the National Museum of Roller Skating, is going to have to wait for next time. It's a LOT of pictures and they are worth the wait.
THE D-D-R EXTRAVAGANZA
ok. The truth here is that Jeffrey, Jonny and I went to a double-feature one night...but the movies were all just SO-SO. The REAL highlight was between movies when Jeffrey and Jonny hopped on the DDR machine in the game room - both for the first time - and I stood back and spun the HITS as DJ Jazzy Matt! I took some video - that I'm having trouble uploading to YouTube but as soon as I do, you will get! And I snapped some pics of the guys in action.
ENJOY!
The montage of pictures I like to call "DDR. Changing Lives."
COSMIC BOWLING
Here's the excitement of our Valentines Day. (After the Roller Skating Museum, naturally.) We all got in the van and went to COSMIC BOWLING at Sun Valley Bowling Lanes. The lights were dimmed, the music was blaring, and the beer was flowing freely for everyone. A GREAT time was had by all. I do have to report that I was SUCH a failure as a photographer - I only took 1 picture and it's not even very good. BUT - it's docoumentation that we went COSMIC for Valentines 2007...and it was GREAT!

I think that's Felicia, showing off her form on the lanes. You can almost FEEL the party just by looking at this picture!

EXPLORING DOWNTOWN!

So on our last day off, TODAY (Thursday), I headed downtown Lincoln to walk around and shop and check it all out. When I got down there, it was really cold, as I suspected, so I went to a movie first. Then I went out and exploring. The HIGHLIGHT of my exploring day was finding a store called LICORICE INTERNATIONAL - in the Haymarket District in downtown Lincoln. This place is NOT a joke, peeps. We're talking 130 different kinds of licorice products from around the world! AND - they have a HUGE internet based business! Don't have the internet? NEVER FEAR! Just call 1-800-LICORICE (542-6742). I'm telling you what - it was a fascinating stop and I made friends with the sales woman AND the owner...and walked away with some licorice selections from Austalia, Finland and Germany. And I'm taking cast friends BACK tomorrow!

Here's a look at the selection of 130 world licorice products.

Gussy and the Licorice Ladies!

The fun NEVER stops with the Wonka Gang! Tune back in to experience the National Museum of Roller Skating with our stories and pictures! And beyond that, have a GREAT Friday. And stay warm.

CIAO!
G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home