Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Written Word On Cedarburg

So it's been a long day, and we moved cities again. Here we sit in Cedarburg - and on Wednesday, we will do our last 2 shows that were considered part of the 'Wisconsin Whilrwind'.
(We have shows in Madison next week...but those aren't grouped with this CRAZY sprint around the state.) Cedarburg is a quaint little historic town about 20 miles outside of Milwaukee. The 5-block downtown area is listed on the National Historic Register - and this community has worked hard to keep the downtown area very TRUE to the time period that the buildings were built. Anyway - we haven't had much time to explore...which I think we are doing tomorrow...but I did go down for a couple of hours this evening and checked things out and really enjoyed it!
Our fun today has been getting things worked out for our latest hurdle: for the past couple of weeks, Jen has been struggling with some pretty bad shin splints - and they have just been getting worse. So Elisa took her to a doctor today, and a few hours later, it turns out that she has lateral shin splints, with possible stress fractures. The cure: stay off your feet for atleast a week. SO - tonight, we went to the theater and went through the show, making changes where we need to. For example, Charlie's Mom (Jen's character) disappears in the 4th family scene, and Charlie's Grandma Georgina takes her lines. Another example is our FIRST Oompla Loompa...which is Jen and I. Well, now, it's still Jen and I singing, but the staging has turned into a modern-dance solo for MY Oompa while Jen is off stage singing. And the list goes on and on and on.
Anyway - needless to say - the 2 shows we do tomorrow will be...um....interesting. ATLEAST worth checking back to see if anything exciting happens that is report worthy! HAHAHA! I almost bet there will be SOMETHING! Chances are pretty hight that in the scramble of it all, I'm going to fall. Mark my words. This whole experience made me flash back to my voice-loss in St. Louis and made me realize how great our group is - because they roll with these changes that come up - and everyone helps everyone out when the need arises. As Jackie is known to say, 'That's because we're PROFESSIONALS.' (She actually says it in jest...but it works here....) But it also reminds me what a KEY part all 7 of us play in this show!
That about does it here in Cedarburg. After our 2 shows on Wednesday, we are OFF to Madison - for 3 days off that we are ALL looking forward to.
To wrap things up today, I need to send a BIRTHDAY GREETING out to my dear friend, RACHEL OLIPHANT in DC. Today, November 23rd, Rachel becomes another year older. Rachel is one of the classiest friends I have, which makes me question why we are friends. When it comes to style, she is the Jackie-O of my social world. Rachel LIVES what she believes - and I love that she has an active, real faith that is a huge part of her life. She is my friend that when I say, 'Come to Florida with me', she says, without even blinking, 'What seat are you in on the plane?' And she never holds a grudge when the Florida trip doesn't go EXACTLY as she thought it would. (Too...much...candy.....) When I think of Rachel, I think of 'The Drought of 200?', Spongebob Papertowel Holder, Memorial Days at Duck Beach, Little Women tears, tons of movies, WSB holiday party fun, HONK!, Kennedy Center shows (especially those ballets), New Years karaoke and dirty looks (KIDDING!) and a list that scrolls on and on and on. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACHEL! I hope it's full of lots of FUN surprises for you!
Everyone say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Rachel!



Top L: Rachel shows off the Chicken Lighter I gave her before I left on tour. Top R: Rachel (on the left) with our friend, Lacey. Bottom: I'm PRETTY sure Rachel will kill me for putting this picture on here...but I wanted to make an ACCURATE account of Rachel - and I'm sorry but she gets REALLY mad when she isn't bowling well. WHO DOES THAT? Weird.


We'll talk to you all in about 24 hours - when we have reports from our crazy day of crazy shows!
Ciao!
G

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! And if I don't talk to you before tomorrow, have a very Happy Thanksgiving Matt! Enjoy your turkey day and I'll talk to you soon.
Brendan

Wed Nov 23, 11:07:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home