Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Few Updates



Well, today was a travel day from Newark, NJ to Wye Mills, MD. Or perhaps WHY Mills, MD.
Regardless...the day was low key - the drive was safe - and everyone pretty much hung out in the hotel all afternoon/evening, so there really isn't much to report. I took a 4 1/2 hour nap. I needed it...because I was up a LONG time last night watching CURLING on the Olymipcs - and then reading about it on line. FASCINATING. I think I might try for Vancouver 2010 Olympics - US Curling. I could do that ice bowling!

So - I thought I would take this time to catch you all up on somethings I'm SURE you're wondering about....or possibly not at all.

1. THE CAMERA SITUATION. I spoke with the Canon Service Center. They were MUCH nicer than Alex at Best Buy. Bottomline, I gotta send it in (to the service center in Illinois) to get fixed. It's going to cost about $90 to fix the LCD, plus the shipping both ways. So after taxes and a couple of Fed-Ex packages back and forth, I'm looking at a grand total of $125-$150. MUCH better than buying an entirely new camera. So I'm sending it off this week - they estimate 7 days to fix and ship back - so we should be back in full photographic force in a couple of weeks.

2. SCHEDULE. I have posted it a couple of times, but have gotten a couple of questions about the remainder of this spring portion of the tour...so I wanted to provide the link for you all here again. Just click HERE and it will take you THERE.

3. VALENTINES DAY. We all survived it. I'm sure you're all wondering just WHAT it is I LOVE on this day of LOVE. This is not a complete list...just off the top of my head: my nieces and nephews, movies, Red Vines, life on the road, my camera, theater, my friends, snow, pizza, travel, reality TV, our cast, sleep, Netflix, Idaho, technology. That's a quick rundown of the love.

4. POINT OF CLARIFICATION. In my Anti-Newark-Tourism Entry, I evidently slighted NORTHERN New Jersey instead of just Newark...and since I have no history with NORTHERN New Jersey, I have to apologize for the slight. My beef is with Newark.

5. BLOGGING IS A 2 LANE HIGHWAY. I have noticed, in the recent past, that there has been a complete departure in people's pithy comments on this blog. I am by no means begging for comments, and I don't need daily comments from everyone...but it IS nice to hear from people every so often. For instance, if ANYONE had a problem with, say....my slight of NORTHERN New Jersey, put a comment down. Let everyone get their thoughts in on the matter. It does, indeed, take 2 to tango...or blog-o...so don't shirk - be a responsible reader and do your part. If you want. Or don't....because who am I fooling? I'll keep posting!

That's it. We have 3 shows tomorrow and it's going to ROCK! I'm off to bed...thanks for listening to this rant.

Aloha!
G

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Matt,
I never have anything really pithy to add, but I do still enjoy reading about your journey. It makes me feel like I have a life. By the way, in my opinion The Light in the Piazza was one of the most wonderful shows I've ever seen. It took me a week to get over it. I'm glad you liked it too, because I know you are a pretty good judge of things like that.

Love Ya!
Kat

Wed Feb 15, 09:28:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home