Thursday, March 23, 2006

Charlottesville Fun

LOOK! It's ANOTHER poster of our show...with ANOTHER Charlie on it.

Today was the perfect 2-show day in C'ville, Virginia. We had a 10:30am show for the kids...and then a 7:30pm show for the general public. So we had a lot of nice 'KICKIN' IT' time between shows. Originally, I think we all had the idea that the shows were going to be a little more...chaotic than they turned out to be. It's true that because of the size of the stage and the lack of wing-space, we had to make a few adjustments here and there...but surprisingly, besides a few wall-to-Oompa contact moments here and there, everything went off without a real hitch!

Look! It's the Paramount Theater in C'ville. And yes - it was a beautiful place. And the other picture is of the mall area - where the theater sits. LOOK at all the kids on the mall...after our show. Good times.


So here's a fun little story from the day. After our 10:30am show, I decided to stay downtown Charlottesville to shop and eat and go see a movie. So I went and did all that...and ended up seeing a movie called 'The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada". Well, I hated it. So I left. Probably 1/2 way through the movie. And then I decided that I didn't want to try and track down the van, and the ride TO the theater earlier that morning didn't seem too far...so I decided just to hoof it back to the hotel. WELL...funny thing...turns OUT that it only SEEMED close. Because just over 2 1/2 miles later, I FINALLY made it back to the Holiday Inn...and MAN was I glad to see it! To be honest, I probably wouldn't have walked the entire way - but a sly local tricked me in to thinking that I was closer than I actually was, when I asked her if I was heading in the right direction to get to Taco Bell (which is right by our hotel) - and she said, 'Oh yeah...it's just up over that hill.' That was about 1 MILE into the walk. I hate her. But I made it back.
Our audiences in C'ville were AWESOME! And tonight's show was such a kick because we all had friends in the audience supporting us...and honestly, an audience of friends ALWAYS makes a huge difference. For me, it was an AMAZINGLY strong and supportive friends! There were a group of the kids from the cast of HONK! (that I choreographed in Reston last year) and their families....and it was SO nice to see all of them! Thanks for coming, Claire, Carolyn, Emily P, Emily M and Paige - and your parents and siblings and everyone. It was fun to have you there.
Plus my works friends, Shanna, Christine and Liz - sorry we missed dinner! But it was great having you there - and thanks for hand-delivering the LETTER from Michael. And then, everyone else....the Rosmans, Katie, Sharon, Kate and Steve, Amanda, the Redfords, Brendan, Jenn, Danny, Laura...your friendship is BEYOND amazing...you really made the audience the best tonight! MY castmates thank you, too!
That's the magic of the day. The show is packed up and tomorrow, we head down the road to the Tidewater area of Southern Virginia - Newport News! And we are looking forward to a chance to go to Williamsburg, hopefully, on Friday. Jackie even broke out her period costume incase they need her to step in on some re-enactments throughout the day. But not really.
CIAO!

OH - PS....so for you 'March Madness' fans....her is an INTERESTING article I found about brackets. Just click right HERE to read it....and TELL ME it's not fascinating....I dare you.

Gussy



Here are my WSB friends...L-R: Me, Liza, Christine and Shanna! So good to see you gals!


Here I am showing off the letter Christine and Shanna brought me from their boss, Michael! He's the coolest! And there is the contents of the letter. Most of you probably won't find it as entertaining as I did. But that's fine - since it's not addressed to you, ANYWAY!


Here is pretty much everyone that was there...minus a few shy little varmits. But it was a GREAT group.


L: A smaller group, off of the larger group. R: Me and my friend, Anna Kate! Thanks for making the drive from Harrisburg, Anna Kate. Sorry you got lost. BOO!


DELICIOUS BROWNIE WARNING! So a big thanks goes out to my friends, the Keifer's, for bringing me these AMAZING brownies. And I'm NOT just saying that. We're saying HIGH 9 on the MASE! SOOOOOO good. (In the above 'smaller group' pic - the Keifers are Steve in the front row far right - and Kate just off my left shoulder.) SERIOUSLY - they are the prefect blend of moistness (and you know if I use that word, they are THAT good...), and chocolate chunks and chocolate and YUM. So a HUGE thanks to them for these treasures...and to EVERYONE else for the treasures they brought to share!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could have come and seen your show in the Ville. I guess I'll just have to catch it some other time. Hope you found some good cheesecake!

-Sam

Thu Mar 23, 10:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger MAnderson said...

SAM! Didn't actually find any cheesecake in C'ville...but I was there for a short time. I found a GREAT burger, though. And that's almost as good as cheesecake!

Thu Mar 23, 05:37:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it pains me to admit that I have never been to Matt's website...what a freakin hack I am. Who knew it was so amazing? I figured it would be some lame-a one page thing...I was a little off. Rock on! LTD forever bitches.

Thu Mar 23, 10:58:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home