Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Today In Greenville....

Today in Greenville, we all just did what we wanted to do. I'm pretty sure most of the cast slept in...because we could. I know that everyone took sometime to wander down Greenville's Main Street...and shop and eat and look around. Eric and I ate lunch at a place called Trio - A Brick Over Cafe. It was delicious. And we had SUCH a great waitress. But alas, they only had plain cheesecake - and how boring is that? So I avoided it all together. After lunch, I just kicked around Main Street for awhile, shopping and taking it all in. I really do love Greenville - and always feel so WELCOME when I am here. Everyone smiles and says HI and is just so dern nice. Later in the afternoon, my good friend, Nate Christensen, gave me a call and swung by the hotel to pick me up. Nate has lived down here for almost a year and works for Michelin Tires - or something like that. Anyway - Nate bought a house at the end of 2005 and is renovating the whole thing, so I headed over to his place to hang out with him and catch up and watch him do the renovation thing. I think there was one point in the afternoon where I was literally watching paint dry. But it's always good to catch up with Big Nate, and hear how he thinks I can be living my life better. Never a dull moment....
Tonight's show was fine. It was actually one of "THOSE" shows - where everything was just weird. For one reason or another, it just seemed like the whole show was OFF a bit here and there. It was good to have some friends in the audience: Nate brought some friends, Nick Hullinger and some of Julie's family came, and then my friend, Claiborne Heilman, who I used to work at WSB with, came up from Clemson to see the show! It's always great to see Claiborne - I like hearing her opinion on things and she is just so darn easy to talk to! Thanks to everyone for coming! Oh yeah - AND The Peace Center, where we are performing, is REALLY beautiful.

Here I am with Nate and his friends, Mike and Toby. To get it straight: L-R: Mike, Me, Big Nate, Toby.

Look! It's Claiborne and I. Wahoooooooo!

Laid back days like THIS are welcome on the crazy tour schedule!
OH - and tonight, Andrew and I saw a commercial for ROBOMAID...and it looks AMAZING! And they were selling them for just $1 (plus shipping and handling of $6) - to help spread the word of mouth. So I ordered one. For me. And I ordered another one for Andrew. And in 3-6 weeks, we will let you know what we think.
Tomorrow 2 shows and then KICKIN' IT, G'ville-style.
Our lives are pretty darn cool....
Gnite.
Gussy


I WISH I could say I took this picture. BUT I didn't. I got it from the website for Falls Park right here in Greenville. It's a cool place...and very beautiful at night.

A CASE OF THE UNFORTUNATES

So I was sitting in the car yesterday, while Nick was pumping gas, and I look over and this guy is pumping his gas. I tried my best to get a picture to show you how...WOW....the jacket was...but I'm not sure it really conveys through this picture. I mean - you can just BUY a coat like that? Or do you have to have it specially made? And does anyone have the number of the person I can order one from?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice free advertising for WSB (I can't believe you linked to the website). I guess I don't have to work anymore. Thanks! - Katie

Wed Mar 29, 07:19:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home