Monday, March 27, 2006

Another Wild and Crazy Weekend

FIRST - the promised pictures....of the PINK MOTEL in Hampton, Virginia. And trust me when I say even THESE don't really do it justice.

Ahhhhhh...the Pink Motel. Magic, right? And it's even a sloppy paint job! Look at the WHITE hiding there at the bottom of all the walls! UN-believable.

Here is how most everyones weekend has gone: Friday, show in Newport News. Saturday, pack up and head South to Wilmington, NC. Sunday, 2 shows in Wilmington, NC - pack up and head West to Pembroke, NC. And then on Monday, we will be doing 1 show in Pembroke, and then head further West to Greenville, SC. It's enough to make your head spin, right!?


My weekend was even crazier than THAT, because I got the bright idea to go to an audition on Saturday. Where? In...................wait for it................GETTYSBURG, PENNYSLVANIA. Why? Why not, really. I had 12 free hours, so I did it. The logistics of my weekend were this: Friday, finish up in Newport News, visit with my friends who came to the show, and then head up to DC - arriving at about...oh....2am. Meet up with roommate and good friend, TYLER (who JUST started reading my blog....the NERVE!), and head to the T Street House - get there and spend some time catching up with him and then crash. Wake up at 6:30am, after 2 1/2 hours of sleep, get ready and head to Gettysburg with my friend, Katie. So we get to Gettysburg, wait in line and in the cold, meet my NEW FRIEND, ROE (who has been a faithful reader of this blog from the BEGINNING, Tyler. Take a note....), wait some more, finally do the audition, pretty much blow the audition (which was NOT part of the plan), head back to DC, meet up with Tyler and my other friends, Rachel and Stephanie, eat some Cheesecake Factory (Comfort food for an audition gone bad), head to the airport in Baltimore (cheapest ticket...don't ask....), catch my flight from Baltimore to Charlotte, connect in Charlotte on a flight to Wilmington, and get in to town just about 5 hours after the rest of the cast. And now we're all together again and it's magical!

Another couple of Matt's B&W Collection Photos...Left from the venue in Newport News. Right from Wilmington venue.

Here she is, everyone! NEW FRIEND, ROE!

I think, collectively, we're sad that we didn't get to spend more time in Wilmington. It's a BEAUTIFUL city and has a lot of great stuff to do. We got to: eat, sleep, perform, eat and leave. Pretty sure we can do that anywhere. But oh well - we're on to Pembroke for a hot second and then we'll REALLY be ready to roll in Greenville!

Here is the inside of Thalian Hall, where we performed. It really was a beautiful little space that was PERFECT size for our show.

L: This is City Hall AND Thalian Hall (Where we performed.) R: A cool building across the street from the venue. Cool buildings, right?


And finally, tonight, we settled in to the hotel at a decent hour, because NOW, as I write this, I'm sitting here watching TLC's series 'Little People, Big World' - which may be one of my most favorite shows on TV these days. And lucky me - it's a MARATHON! (Never you mind that I've already seen most of these episodes before...)

So that's where we're at and what we're doing, in a nutshell. Hopefully once we get to South Carolina, we can get back to experiencing the cities we're in and get away from these 'travelogue' entries. I think that works out best for everyone!
But for now...GOOD NIGHT!
G


L: Eric and Jen enjoy their Burger King food AND crowns. R: Jackie stole Eric's crown during our van trip to Newport News.


So how cool is THIS? This is my friend, Rhonda Holland (to my right...), and she and I used to work together at DirecTV in Boise, Idaho. And she still lives there - but came out to Virginia to see my show! And with her, she brought her siblings (some of which live IN the Virginia area we performed in...so that worked out well!) Anyway - it was AWESOME to have Rhonda see the show - and it's always great to see her. She is a NUT! Thanks for coming, Rhonda!


And this is my friends, Nate and Sina Jones (and that is baby Ruby in the baby carrier...she's asleep...) They drove down from Northern Virginia to see the show - and it's been awhile since we had a chance to hang out. So it was great to see them and catch up! Thanks, guys!


Here is our trip to Cheesecake Factory! L: Stephanie, Me, Rachel and Tyler! 3 of the greatest friends! R: German Chocolate Cheesecake. MAN - it was good. I would give it a low 9 on the MASE. I mean - give me more CHEESECAKE, people.


Here we are...having a good time as we warm up for the show!


Elisa kickin' it alone...and with Travis. The fun never STOPS with us!

L: Jill shows us how she likes to DEFY the rules. R: I saw Jen's roommate in Gettysburg, and he asked me to deliver a kiss to Ken for him. So I did! Bottom: Andrew and Chris chillin' in their dressing room before our Sunday shows.


There is the Hall. And the Poster.


I REALLY thought Lady Liberty was going to be a little LARGER...but oh well. Also, I didn't know there were palm trees on Ellis Island. Weird. Hoops and Yoyo didn't seem to care, though. They were just happy to be there.


Spring has SPRUNG in Wilmington, NC.




LOOK! It's our own little flower, Jill!



The end of the day in Wilmington. The sun sets behind some...battleship thingy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should've called me before your trip to Gettysburg! I am a proud alum of Gettysburg College ya know!!! Sad that there were no pics of Gettysburg... CES

Mon Mar 27, 10:15:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, that "battleship thingy" is the USS North Carolina, the most decorated battleship in the Pacific Ocean during WWII. Harold Frace, Andrew's granfather, served on that ship. Harold would never talk about his time on that ship. The family has always wanted to see the boat, but your blog is the closest we've gotten. Now, how weird is that? Keep exploring! There's always a bloggy treasure around the corner.

Mon Mar 27, 11:33:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home