Friday, March 24, 2006

We're Staying In A PINK Motel!



You heard me right....PINK. MOTEL. wow. And that's about all I have to report today.
The sum of our day was to drive from C'ville to Newport News. BUT actually our PINK MOTEL is in Hampton. Me THINKS the Tour Planners probably thought that they were booking us at a Hampton Inn. We like the Hampton Inns...good breakfasts, wireless internet, comfortable beds. Very consistent. Where we ended up is tricky: Hampton Bay Plaza & Suites. And it's a PINK MOTEL. (Doors open to the outside...not to a hall...) See how you could POSSIBLY get them confused? P O S S I B L Y ?

So here is how TRICKY these Hampton Bay Plaza folks are. They have a website...and they put pictures of their place on the website...but they put pictures of it when it was a WHITE motel - and didn't capture the PINK. SO - I will capture the PINK tomorrow...you'll see the truth. The picture on the RIGHT shows you where our rooms are (1st floor/ground level...pool side...BUT the pool is empty.)

Other than that, I spent most of the drive and most of tonight watching the ENTIRE 1st Season of the British sketch-comedy show LITTLE BRITAIN. First of all, a HUGE thanks to Katie McManus for introducing it to me and giving me the 1st season DVD's. You rule, McManus. Second of all, PEOPLE! One word - HYSTERICAL! Check it out. Vicky and Dawvyd (pictured below) are 2 of my favorites...but I find them ALL wildly entertaining. And you just might, too.

Really. They are ridiculous...and hysterical. OH - and the above 2 characters are the same person.

NOT as entertaining as a PINK MOTEL...but still pretty fun.

Off to slumber...in the PINK MOTEL.
Cheers.
G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home