Friday, April 07, 2006

A Day Of Photos From Charlotte


Today was a day to explore Charlotte. The weather was beautiful. The city was bustling. And my boots were made for walking. Eric and I hit the city in style...just walking and checking everything out. We did end up going to Merts Heart and Soul for lunch, for some Soul Food, and it is true...my soul was fed to the Nth degree! Red beans and rice, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato cake, sweet tea! It was simply DELICIOUS! And our waitress, Veronica, was HYSTERICAL! I may go back tomorrow....
Anyway, below, please find my photos from our day kickin' around town. Don't be completely blown away by the sheer amazingness of them all. Ansel Adams can eat his heart out. And all those other really good photographers, too. BEWARE!
Enjoy Charlotte....
G

Um...so these are 2 cool buildlings...right across the street from each other. So you know...turn and shoot. Turn and shoot. Worked out well.

So this is just a park/cemetary in downtown..with part of the emerging skyline behind it. I like that word....emerging...

Just a couple of Matt Anderson B&W Collection shots from the cemetary/park. In shot 1, please notice the first column headstone and the name on it. THAT is creepy....

Um. Another church. Near the cemetary/park. Seemed nice.

Some art sculpture thing.

Some Matt Anderson B&W Collection pieces of that same art thing.

L: So this is a fountain that evidently looked cooler when I was looking at it. This looks more like...just a boring fountain. R: This is the Omni Hotel we are staying at. Very...triangular.

Here are some shots from the statues right in the center of downtown. They are like Commerce, Industry...something and something else. The bottom one on the Right, the mom with the baby, is my favorite. These are all straight from the MAB&WC. Can you find Eric in one of these pics? Have fun!

Some buildings and water and stuff...

This is a statue called 'Life Is An Open Book' - in The Green. Not quite sure how I took one B&W and one color, but the color is my favorite of these. Look at that brick work. Amazing.

So this is another part of The Green. Those little colorful pillow-looking things are mosaic stoools...and then there are some other chair-type-things in the distance. Anyway - whatever. This area was just beautiful with lots of cool colors.

The Fish Fountain at The Green. From the MAB&WC.

Me and The Fishes. This is about as close as you will find me to seafood.

Eric decides to take one of the fish for a ride, as well. And...Eric also decides I need a picture of his flip flop.

So these signs are all over The Green. Incidentally, just so you don't think it's TOO weird, The Green is a public park built to pay tribute to literature in our lives. So yeah...I thought these were fun signs for that.....but NONE of them had a city in Idaho. I hate them.

The entrance to The Green is flanked by two piles of books like this one. Exactly like this one...since this IS one. Hmmm...weird.

Another couple of MAB&WC shots. L: Some park-type thing. R: Some time-telling-device.

So this is just some corner by the library. But I LOVED the way all the trees looked - all bending the same way - and they were all in bloom and the water fountain looked cool. I just liked it, ok. So I snapped some shots. So back off.

Um - this is some cool artsy thing in front of this cool building. It actually has water running down it. I just liked it - so I took a couple of different shots from different directions. From the MAB&WC.

This flower was sitting on some table in the lobby area of a building I walked through. I loved it. So I snapped TWO pictures.

And finally - A photo that I would like to dedicate to TARA GIORDANO. Enough said.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to say, that brick statue is the coolest looking statue I've ever seen. Your pictures rock!

~Sharon S

Fri Apr 07, 09:21:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for my dedication, matty matt. WOW! knit it UP! your photos are beautiful - even if they do make me a little sad that i am not there with you to climb things and taste-test and hug that beautiful Lamptey family. miss you all so very much. have a lot of blog to catch up on, but looking forward to it. P.S. cinema paradiso is on my top ten. il nino e prezioso!

Tue Apr 11, 01:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy VEY I am so envious! You guys look like you are having SUCH a time!

Amanda

Tue Apr 11, 04:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home