Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Next Morning...

So nothing happened today. Or nothing too exciting. I woke up like...at 2 or something...and went to do my laundry. They really have a nice laundromat here in Wilkesboro. Who knew?
And that about does it. Had some dinner. Went to Wal-Mart. Packed my bags to head to Charlotte tomorrow. That was it.

BUT - I do have some pictures I haven't posted...just random shots here and there of different things. So I thought, with nothing else going on, WHY not do it now? And then I agreed.

First I wanted to share with you something I found delightful here in our hotel. It is on the certificate of operation in the elevator. And it's the woman's name on the certificate. (I added the picture just so she could be more familiar to you.) Now it's funny either way you look at it. If her name is pronounced SHERRY Berry, well that's delightful. And if it's pronounced like CHERRY Berry, even better. Either way, it made me laugh. She looks nice enough. PLUS she is the Commissioner of Labor. So that's berry important. Thanks! I'll be here all week!

I've decided to give an award to the cast member who has the BEST CLOSE-UP SHOTS over the past 7 1/2 months. And I'm talking EXTREMELY CLOSE close-ups. And that award, as illustrated below, belongs to JACKIE!

So these next 2 pictures are actually from the night we met up with the Stinky Cheese folks. Elisa is what you would call a LIGHT-WEIGHT when it comes to alcohol. A couple sips of wine, and the girl is over-the-top DRUNK. This night she ordered a Margarita...and the waiter messed up and brought her the older sister of the Margarita, the MEGArita. Sounds serious, right? He is Elisa showing it off - and laughing about it, too.

So here are a fun few pics. On our drive from Greenville to Beaufort, I was driving and I decided that I needed a CAPTAINS HAT, of sorts. So at the convenience store, I conveniently found this GEM of a hat...that says: South Carolina Classic Edition. I left the price tag on for dramatic effect. Here, Elisa, Jackie and I take turns modeling the hat.

Get a load of THIS! A scenic shot I FORGOT to load up! This is from our first night exploring in Beaufort...from out on one of the outter islands. It was a walkway thingy out to a little island. If you look close, you can see Jill and Chris walking out there. I didn't want to chance getting eaten by a gator...so I stayed behind. And Andrew stayed back to use the bathroom. In the trees.

Back in Greenville, our last afternoon there, I went to take a shower and realized that we were OUT of shampoo and conditioner...and it was stuff that I REALLY liked. So I called the front desk, and asked the woman if they could send a small bottle of both up. Five minutes later, there is a knock on my door, and I open it, and a nice little woman who I'm pretty sure spoke no English, smiled, said, 'Hello', and stuck her hand out to me. In her hand was a plastic bag FULL of bathroom supplies. I would not argue. I took them, used what I needed and packed the rest away in my Samsonite. Rainy day...all that jazz.... Here is a spread of what she brought me.

I guess that about does it. EXCEPT - for one other thing. Today, I got an e-card-type-thing from my friend, Katie. It came from Career Builders website, and it is called a Monk-e-mail. Catchy, right? Well, it's this crazy e-card thing you can build your own monkey character, and then choose something for it to say OR record your OWN voice/message for the monkey to say to your friends. NO JOKE people, I LOVE IT! I sent about ONE MILLION of them out today. And because I want you to UNDERSTAND the joy of these cards, I have included a couple of examples for you.

-Click HERE to see the Monk-e-mail Katie sent me.

-Click HERE to see the Monk-e-mail I sent to my niece and nephew.

Katie's card is one she entered the text and they added a voice to it. My card is actually a recording of ME I made straight into my computer. Magic. Check it out, and then at the bottom of the window, click on the note that lets you make your OWN Monk-e-mail. If nothing else, it will give you something fun to do at work!

2 shows on Wednesday and then off to Charlotte. I hope we remember how to do this show!

Gnite - Gussy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those Mone-e-Cards are da bomb. But I can't take all the credit. My friend John sent one to me, and then his friend David sent one to him, whose Mom sent him one, and so on, and so on, and so on....Calgon take me away! -- Katie

Wed Apr 05, 11:33:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That website is funny as heck! I sent a couple of cards out to some friends. Very fun! Thanks for passing it on! Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,
Kat B

Wed Apr 05, 12:01:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO in love with these cards...thank you thank you thank you!!

Laura

Wed Apr 05, 05:56:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home