Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Durham's A Blur

***So sad story...something happened to Blogger's picture uploading capability about halfway through my uploads...so not all of the DUKE pictures are going to be found on here. I will get them loaded as soon as possible. Enjoy those that ARE here... -the management


SO....Durham...I hardly knew ya. Um - we got here last night. We did 2 shows today (and the audiences were fun). We leave Tuesday morning. And our time in North Carolina comes to a very anti-climactic close.
But it's not ALL a bust. There are a few FUN things to tell you about today. FIRST OF ALL - Jackie's family came to the show! Her mom and dad were here from Virginia on some business, and her brother and his family live in Durham, so they all got to see the show. PLUS - Jackie lived here when she was young, so some other family friends came along, as well! It was fun to see Jackie's family and meet their friends. They seemed to enjoy the show - and her 4 year old niece, Raven, seemed to enjoy my Napoleon Dynamite t-shirt I had on after the show. They've trained her right!

Here is the Lamptey Family and Friends...after our 2nd Durham show!


Also - I am happy to come to you with ANOTHER official entry into the "Case Of The Unfortunates." It happened today at Wendy's in Durham - and I knew when I walked in, you had to see what I was seeing! So enjoy!



So yeah...um...WHAT? And look - when I tried to take a 'CLOSE UP' of this...thing...the evil spirits that possess the shirt BLURRED themselves so I couldn't get a clear shot. Do you SEE them looking right at me? It was unfortunate AND scary!


The last bit of fun I'm bringing you today is from my QUICK trip over to Duke University to check out the campus. I didn't have a lot of time, but I made a point of getting there and seeing, of all things, the Duke Chapel and a drive around the campus. And there are no real words to describe how beautiful it all is. I hope pictures really ARE worth a thousand words.


So here are some different shots of the chapel....

and here are a couple more...with Eric and Elisa praying for their immortal souls on the right...

and here is Eric, done...waiting for Elisa to finish. Some souls need more prayer than others.

Some various shots from the MAB&WC.


And that is IT! Tomorrow we head up to West Virginia...and I'm feeling good about the trip! For those of you who know (and now for those who didn't) - this will be my first trip back to the areas of West Virginia that I was a Mormon Missionary in back in 1993-1995. Kind of crazy, right? I'm probably going to avoid going door to door and knocking, but it's going to be fun to see it all again! I sure can't wait. And a promised home-cooked meal from Mom Sizemore...it really IS Almost Heaven!
Gussy...over and out.

G

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is almost time for your arrival in WV! I will be in the kitchen after work today getting ready for the "Wonka" visit tomorrow evening. Have a safe trip and let me be the first to welcome all of you to West Virginia.
Mom Sizemore

Tue Apr 11, 08:08:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home