Friday, May 19, 2006

Random Pictures To Entertain

So it's Friday. Our LAST Friday of tour. Normally you would've logged on and expected to read an entertaining story or hilarious anecdote from the follies of tour life. This time, it's a little different. Because I am busy preparing for my PARTING WORDS - that I will be posting on Sunday night...for all of you to read on Monday morning. And I am PRETTY SURE they are going to be pretty dern profound.
So in the meantime....I've gone back over the past few weeks and decided to include some crazy-fun pictures from our adventures that didn't quite make it onto the blog. Not because they weren't worthy....not at all. I like to think of it as that they just weren't READY. But now...after some maturation....they are.
So you sit back, relax and enjoy a mish-mash collection of these un-reported memories, while I pull my thoughts together to bid our days with Wonka a fond farewell. How weird is that?!?!?!
I thought we just got started........
Happy Friday, friends!
Gussy

OH! And P.S. BE SURE and check back on MONDAY...when you will find out what my NEW blog address will be while we're not doing Wonka. Now that you're in, you gotta keep up. And don't worry...crazy things happen to me on AND off tour...SO I'll still be able to bring you bloggable stories and pictures from life back in DC...or where ever I end up this summer....
Ciao!


Chris Schardin. POSTER BOY for Memphis BBQ!

What is WRONG with me? I can take the time to report on Barbie in Memphis...but I TOTALLY skip over Jill saving a baby bird, somewhere between Dalton, GA and Memphis? PRIORITIES MATT! Here Jill is in action. Bird just appeared at the gas station...and like the mother bird that she is, Jill swooped in and carried the bird to safety. And as we drove off, we looked back...and saw it carried off by a hawk. JUST KIDDING.

Chris and Eric take some time out on Beale Street in Memphis for some shopping fun.

The view out our window in Leesburg, FL. Pretty much awesome. Don't be jealous.

A couple of 'LOST SHOTS' from backstage in West Palm Beach. L: Jill and Eric kickin' it in the dressing rooms. R: Kirsten, from the KC, and her friend...um...Esmerelda. Just kidding. I can't remember the friends name, though. Sorry, friend.

These are a couple of shots from the BBQ at Torg's place in Boca Raton. I'm not sure WHY I didn't include them in my original post...because looking back at them, they DELIGHT ME. Jackie and Travis...up close and personal.

* * * * * * * * *

AND NOW, THE FINAL CHAPTER....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the journey Matt! I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know your castmates and getting to know the "real" Matt! There are parts of this country I will never get to see in person, but thanks to you-at least I know they exist. It's been a wonderful adventure and I'm happy that you made the most of it. We would expect nothing less from you. Hope to see you when you're back in DC.

Hugs, Kat

Fri May 19, 12:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger David Kopp said...

A great tour de ... photos. Or whatever - I enjoyed it! LOOOOVELY DAHLING, LOVELY. So. You MUST come to California. Simly must. Must simly do. Indeeed. Why am I talking in posh-code? Idunno. Okay - I'll catchy you soon. What a great thing you've done with this! Keeping everyone up to snuff on your wacky travails. Your whole cast owes you a debt of gratitude - if for no other reason than you providing them with a journal!
Ciao dude.
Dave

Sun May 21, 01:44:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home