Friday, September 22, 2006

Things Are Getting Crazy

Snow, anyone?

So today we traveled from Billings to Helena...and it was a pretty uneventful drive. I mean, except for when that Winnebago with Ohio plates nearly drove us off the road. Literally. Pretty exciting moment. But yeah...other than that, SLEEPER!
I am pretty sure that the drive was so boring, that many of us started going crazy. Literally.
Let me explain. Remember a week or so ago, we had our bowling/stuffed animal night? Out there in Eau Claire, Wisconsin? WELL - that night a few people claimed some of the stuffed animals that Mike won and have been carrying them with them since that point. Rachel claimed for herself a stuffed cow-thing. I guess it's a bull...it has horns.

Here is Rachel.

So we found out a couple of days afterwards that as cute as the stuffed bull was, it actually had a huge hole in the back of his head. It appeared that maybe he just hadn't been sewn up? Perhaps. Nothing wrong with that...I know a lot of real people who seem like they weren't completely 'sewn up' at the factory.

Well today, in a quick flash of activity, the back 2 seats of our Magic Van turned into a stuffed animal hospital...thanks to the quick hands of Doctor Steve. And in less than 2 minutes, we were in the midst of emergency stuffed-animal surgery. Luckily, I had my camera to capture the insanity. (As a sidenote, I can verify that the procedure was 100% humane...for those with PETA affiliations out there.) The surgery was so intense, that we even had a time when Doctor Steve was giving the bull CPR - and I know that one MORE than one occaison, I heard him yell "CLEAR!" and then he would do that whole chest-pushing-save-your-life thing. (He was doing it all paddle-free.) And Rachel, as a nervous bull-owner, spent the time in the 3rd row waiting room, conerned yet hopeful.

So yeah...we pretty much turned the corner to CRAZY today...and I don't think any of us actually minded it. Luckily we made it to Helena...and the bull made it to a full recovery. Now, if only Doctor Steve could do something about the terrible tear in Eric's Cheerleader Bear. In my heart of hearts, I know he can.

Happy Friday. g

So here are the first shots of Dr. Steve in action. I believe he said, "You're lucky. You got him here in the nick of time."

Post-surgery, Dr. Steve explains to Rachel the procedure...and the expected recovery time.

Rachel takes a moment to let Bull know that she is right by his side during the recovery.

Here is the portion of the drive where Dr. Steve and Rachel start the rehab process...helping Bull get his strength back.

Everyone is happy with Bull's full recovery...and our arrival (FINALLY) at the Helena Hampton Inn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the bullcowcreature is ok...unlike my mermaid...sigh...I miss her strong arm...

Fri Sep 22, 11:27:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a close call for Bull. Good thing Dr. Steve also has acting skills. Otherwise, he might not have been available for the emergency surgery.

One request: can you point us to the tour schedule? I tried reviewing archives and only found a link to the performances as the KC.

- MN Cous'

Sat Sep 23, 03:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home