Tuesday, November 07, 2006

An Open Letter To My Readers

Dear Reader -
I'm worried about my overall ability to blog. Here's why. Last year, I could compose in my mind these extravagant blog entries with photos to go along with them. It would spend each day putting it all together in my mind...and when I spent the hour or two at night putting it together, I felt like I was creating a mini-masterpiece. (And, if I may say this without sounding like a bragging fool, I was.) Pictures and prose...lessons and laughs...the magic flowed and the blog became ANOTHER member of our tour.
Fast forward to the 2006-2007 leg of the tour. People...it hurts my brain to put all that FLUFF together. INFACT...some days, I just won't do it. (Case in point...Monday morning. Anyone notice? I'm sure you did. SORRY.) And sadly enough, I'm happy just doing a random picture clumping of STUFF to get it done. And I'm ok with it all. I'm just telling you so you know where I'm coming from.
San Rafael and Davis are both in the books. We had some great shows the past few days...and some great time off, too. I got to catch up with 2 old friends - one from my mission and one from college. AND - today, at our school show, most of us had the chance to actually break character pretty heavily when Rachel's zipper busted on her costume and she came out wrapped up in a sweatshirt instead. None of us were prepared for it. And it was FUNNY! So that was fun!
Tomorrow we load up and head down to the LA area (sort of) for a few days in Thousand Oaks!
We're taking a scenic drive on our way down...and seeing some ocean, some redwoods and probably a lot of the inside of our eyelids. (NOT the driver...just the passengers....)
We're all alive and well. The experiences keep adding up and I think it's pretty safe to say that, even though I'm not as regular at reporting it, we're all changing and growing and loving this opportunity...nay...BLESSING...in each of our lives...mis-booked-all-smoking-room days and all!
Happy Election Day!
G

I failed to make enough of a FUSS that Buchman was back with us from the wedding he went to in Scotland! I took the first picture and told him it was going to be his WELCOME BACK picture. Something else was said, and evidently it was funny, and I snapped the second picture...which simply delights me. So you're getting it on here.

Look. All I'm saying is that it's not EVERY day you get a chaise lounge in your dressing room. So I decided if you've GOT IT - just FLAUNT IT!

A timed-photo with myself and my old mission buddy, Brandon Dixon! Brandon is also an Idaho boy (Jerome) but now lives in Fairfield, CA and runs a sports store down there. We spent a lot of time catching up and laughing about ourselves and our memories of our mission in West Virginia. Thanks for coming to chill, Dixon!

So tonight...in Sacramento (with college buddy, JOE BIRD - who SOMEHOW got away without a picture to go on the blog! I'll get you, Joe! You wait and see!) we went to a sports bar (R 15) which was attached to a fancier little restaurant called Cafe Bernardo. The dessert menu boasted a piece of prailine and pumkin cheesecake! Even a question? HELLS no. Let me tell you how good this stuff was: so good that I ordered a piece to GO to bring back to Elisa! On the MASE: a SOLID 9. I wanted a little more from the crust - but the pumpkin and the prailine top....FORGET IT. Very heavenly.

So how is THIS for RANDOM: Monday night football tonight was the Oakland Raiders vs. Seattle Seahawks IN Seattle. Joe and I watched the game at R15 - and towards the end up, I look up and see these 2 girls in sparkly shorts and go-go boots walk in. TURNS OUT - they are Raiderettes (OF COURSE THEY ARE!) Since the Raiders were out of town, the Raiderettes were in town (UM...but not Oakland...) visiting sports bars in the area, taking pictures and signing calendars. I didn't do the calendar but I posed for a picture and discuss life enough with the girl on the right (my left) to know that she went to Howard University in Washington DC. So...you know...just another random night on tour!

I also saw the California State Capitol building tonight. So add that one to the list of State Capitol Buildings I saw.

So. This is a self-portrait collection I like to simply call: SUPPORT FOR ROE. (I think it has a very ATHLETIC tone to it....)

AND FINALLY....this weekend, in Tucson, my brother Tim blessed his new daughter, Sidney, in our Sunday church services. SADLY - I was not able to attend. BUT - I did get these pictures from Tim today - and since many of you either know Tim and his family OR have asked for more pictures of the new baby...I decided to add them to the end of my RANDOM blog entry! ENJOY!

Ladies and Gentleman...I present: SIDNEY LUE ANDERSON. Enjoy.....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Matt. IMHO, opinion, you're only a few "Case of the Unfortunates" and one cheesecake review short of perfection.

If you need topics, let us know. Personally, I think a little "Election Day" reporting would be good. Is Arne back? ;-)

We read cuz we like it and we're still reading!!! We love ya', Man.
-MN Cousin

Tue Nov 07, 06:21:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
The self portrait was a little disturbing!! It could almost qualify as a COTU. Hopefully it was taken as you were folding CLEAN laundry!! Keep blogging...everyone enjoys it!
Mom Sizemore

Tue Nov 07, 08:00:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
What do you need for us, your loyal readers, to give you motivation for writing your blogs? Seriously....I'd rather read anything you write than most newspapers. I mean, really, can you get a play by play of Garden of The Gods in the Washington Post? Highly unlikely! Maybe you're just having a writers block. Have some more cheesecake- maybe that will jog your blog!

Tue Nov 07, 09:00:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt---

Just send me some pictures and some random facts of your day and I will put your blog together for you. I'm sure it will be just as entertaining....if not better.

Please and thank you.

John

Tue Nov 07, 11:48:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home