Friday, January 20, 2006

Blogging Milestone!!!

Jackie gets ready for the '1ooth Entry Party'

Friends, Family, Readers, Fans, General Public and Those Not Covered Previously -
It is with GREAT pride that I welcome you all to the 100th Entry of 'Life On The Road With Augustus'. It seems like only YESTERDAY that I was sitting down, laptop in hand...or lap, and introducing the blog and cast members to you all. And now...here we are, 6 months and 100 entries later, taking you on our journey across the country through picture and prose. It's an honor and a joy to have you all along for the journey.
Today was our last 2 performances for this stop in the NYC area. We were in Brooklyn and we had 2 school performances. Our audiences were pretty opposite of each other. The first was vocal, excited and very into it. The second was a little more bored with the show...and a lot more quiet. Luckily, there wasn't too much craziness to report. Except when I accidentally knelt on Mrs. Gloop's puppet base during my dance and took a small, yet important, chunk of skin out of my knee. But we got it bandaged and all is swell.
The rest of the day, we all played SCATTER around the area. I had a couple of friends come out to the 2nd show today....Stephen, from TBM (please remember our ANOMAL experience), but he had to run back to work afterwards. The other friend, Denise Hungerford, is a friend from when I worked for DirecTV. It was great to have her there...and went out and enjoyed lunch and some catch-up time after the show. Plus - we ate some DELICIOUS food at REPUBLIC in Union Square. And I had some amazing food.

Here she is...Denise Hungerford! Thanks for making the trek, DENISE!

I also had a chance to catch up with Tara finally - and we walked around and talked and caught up with each other! And then to top the evening off, my friend, Joey Schaljo came and joined Tara and I at Ray's Pizza and then for a movie up by Lincoln Center. It was a fun evening - and so good to see both Tara and Joey!

Here comes Tara, strutting down Broadway...waving to her public. I'm LUCKY I got an appointment.

Wow - I'm just realizing that for a 100th entry, this one blows MAJOR chunks. Sorry if you're bored....I think you might be, because I know that I am - and it's MY story. I can only imagine.
Tomorrow, we pack it all in and head for the hills of New Hampshire. Another state, city and adventure awaits.

Reflecting on New York...

Enjoy the pictures below...a collection from my day in and around NYC!
All the best....
Gussy


Here is Tara again - through a door window - trying to talk the man at the Sweeney Todd box office into some cheap tickets...and even as good as Tara is at it, it produced no tickets.


L: Tara gets to know H&Y on the streets in NYC. R: They take in the sights at Lincoln Center.


L: Here I am with Joey. SO - I hugged Joey.... R: and then I hugged Tara....


L: and then Tara hugged Joey.... R: and then we finally all hugged TOGETHER!


A couple of ART SHOTS of the fountain at Lincoln Center.


One of our last stops of the day was a stop at Carnegie Deli to enjoy their cheesecake. I KNOW I like their regular cheesecake...I would give it a solid 9.5 on the MASE. BUT - this wasn't the regular...it was the something or other truffle cheesecake. And it was odd...a little.. So i'm going to award is a high 7 on the MASE. It just didn't do it for me, with the mousse layer and everything.


THE Carnegie Deli. All Hail.....


L: After the cheesecake, I met Jackie and her friend, Amy outside of THE COLOR PURPLE. As Jackie says, 'That show was NOT a joke!' She loved it. I met them to ride back out to our hotel on the subway with her. R: We noticed on our way home that we had worn the similar pants - which we both purchased at the GAP sometime in 2005.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th Blog Matt! Does this mean you get to go into syndication?

By the way, the "Reflecting on New York" featuring H&Y might be one of my favorite pictures you've ever taken. Just so you know!

Take care!
Brendan

Mon Jan 23, 10:51:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,

I can't believe I missed this entry. I was in NY on the 21st & 22nd to see Light in the Piazza at the Lincoln Center. How freaky is that? I was exactly were Tara was a mere 24 hours later.

Hugs,
Kat B

Fri Jan 27, 11:42:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home