Thursday, February 16, 2006

I've Got Friends In Low Places....

Audrey Frace sports the latest in Wonka Wear.*


So we survived our 3 show day! And to make it bearable, I had a great group of friends come to the show tonight here in Wye Mills!
OH! But first...we have some BREAKING NEWS. We changed the name of our show. Actually, there is no "WE". Full credit has to be given to the people at the Todd Performing Arts Center here at Chesapeake College. They had the foresight and vision to really re-name the show with something that really just rolls off the tongue! So, please commit it to memory, and give a hand for the new title of our show:

Aaah yes...catchy, isn't it? WILLIE WONKA WITH OOMPA LOOMPAS. It's so silly that someone didn't think of this before. PLUS - I like the FLAIR they threw in by changing the spelling of WILLY to WILLIE. These people...GENIUS! Look for us storming in to a theater near you with the new, fresh PIZZAZZ this new name brings.*

So anyway...the shows were fine. The space was fine. But apparently, the people at the venue were SO busy coming up with a new name for us that they forgot to take out the garbage in the dressing rooms and in the halls leading to the theater. I am pretty sure no one has taken the garbage out in like....6 weeks. I came off stage tonight, after our last show, and someone had thrown something into the trash and THE PAINT WAS MELTING OFF THE WALLS. Yeah - that bad. And, having the weak stomach that I have, I got a few good dry-heaves in before I ducked into the dressing room. Strange, right? But true.

Before our show tonight, Meg and Cliff Ogea came and got me at the hotel, and we headed to get something to eat. We went right down the street from my hotel to Chesapeake Chicken and Rockin' Ribs. And that food was NO JOKE. Just make a mental note that if you are ever passing through Grasonville, MD - and you got a hankering for something amazing...make the stop at C.C.A.R.R. You'll be glad you did.

L: Meg and Cliff in front of the large lit chicken at C.C.A.R.R. It's hard to miss. R: C.C.A.R.R.

The show tonight was fun, with so many friends in the audience! And now, a quick SHOUT OUT to those who made the trip across the Bay Bridge to Wye Mills to catch our show and support me. When it comes to friends, I've been very blessed! So a huge thanks to: Meg and Cliff Ogea, Bruce Ward and Co., Rachel Oliphant, Stephanie Felsted, Darci Nelson, Christy Banker, Brian Banker, Patti Papworth, Michelle Chalmers, Kara Tull and Jeremy Freeman. Not only was it great to have them there, but they had a nice little belated birthday celebration for me aftewards...and the cake was DELICIOUS!

L: Me and the Ogea's, post-show. R: Me and the Ward Clan...post-show...once they found me.*

Me and the NoVa clan! Back Row: Jeremy, Darci, Christy, Michelle, Me, Patti. Front Row: Brian, Kara, Rachel, Stephanie.*

We're packed and ready to leave Maryland...and you'll be surprised to know that we head North again to the NYC area - this time, putting our stakes down in Staten Island! And I'm making a prediction now...amazing things await us there. OH! And our first shows with 20 minute intermissions. RIGHT...I said INTERMISSION. You do the math - 30 minute first act, 20 minute intermission, 30 minute second act. That's a whole serving of INSANE on one little cracker. But I'll gladly take the break.

And finally, since the WINTER OLYMPICS are in full swing, I wanted to take a moment to share with you an OLYMPIC MOMENT! Click HERE to read my selected MOMENT of the day. I love when events at the Olympics, off the playing field and slopes, remind us that all things considered, people are good. Joey Cheek did just that!

Staten Island...HERE WE COME!

G

Hey Chris...where did your cake go? OH WAIT! Is that it on your shoulder? And on the floor? NICE WORK, Jill!*

So fun friend DARCI brought some flowers to the show tonight. They were beautiful and springy and I decided they needed a photo shoot. So...here they are.*

*Photos taken with Andrew Frace's camera...on Matt's memory card.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank's for sharing the story about Joey Cheek. I particularly liked what his mother had told him. If we all took that advice this world would certainly be a better place. Have a safe trip today.
Mom Sizemore

PS...If we win the Power Ball Saturday night (Over $350 Million) a new camera will be in the mail to our favorite blogger!

Thu Feb 16, 07:27:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great blog posting Matt, I don't know where to begin. The flowers are gorgeous and your artful photos were beautiful.

Also, I love that you have an asterisk citing photos taken on Andrew's camera, that was very funny. I was wondering what that meant.

Have a safe trip up to Staten Island and have fun back in the NYC area.
Brendan

Thu Feb 16, 10:26:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home