Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Haiku

today we saw trees.
they were very tall and green...
but not worth the drive.
So yeah...today on our drive form Sacramento to Thousand Oaks, we took our detour to the Henry Cowell Redwood State Park. It was cool to see some Redwoods...and it did smell pretty amazing...but I guess I was expecting....MORE from the park. It was a quick stop, though - which allowed for some great shots!
I got to a point where I figured you would be interested to see the tops of some of the trees...not just the trunks shown previously.
The group gets color-accented on their stroll around the park.
Roe gets her own color-accent moment.
This place had ferns, too. Pretty sure Fern Gully was filmed here. Or atleast the action scenes.
The girls at the foot of a tree.
The cast strikes a pose.
And finally....this has NOTHING to do with Henry Cowell OR the Redwoods...but it has to do with our drive today. We stopped for gas in Pismo Beach...and THIS was on the window of the service station. Now, there was nothing wrong with this door or entrance...and I would bet you I'm safe in saying that the other door seemed a bit SMALLER than this one. So I don't get it. But - even if it had the most sensible explanation in the world....I would still find it to be a funny sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home