Monday, April 24, 2006

Hurriance WONKA Hits Florida


FIRST OFF - for those of you who came to the fountain to 'drink' on Friday, my apologies. Long story short...Wednesday (in Alabama), I came down with the flu. Things happen - lunches were lost (dinners, too) - we packed up and had to drive to Florida - upon arrival, I WAS EXHAUSTED. So Thursday night, we arrive in Jacksonville at 7pm - and I fell asleep on my bed at 7:30pm. And then I proceeded to sleep for about.....19 hours. Give or take a few bathroom trips and curtain closings. Anyway - so I didn't get around to blogging for the Friday readers. But I'm better...that flu bug is gone...and I have a weekend of FUN IN THE SUN to share with you.

JACKSONVILLE - we really stopped there (in Orange Park) for just a hot second. One show - great venue - nothing too amazing to report. Um...yeah. I'm being really honest when I say that even 2 days later, it's a total and complete blur. Luckily, Jill took some pictures with my camera to share with you all - since I didn't get around to taking any. They are magic - so prepare yourself.

From the Jill Shelly Photo Collection 20o6. Some of her finest work. For sale. Inquire with blog owner.


CLEARWATER - our next stop on our Tour de Florida. We're about 10 miles WEST of Tampa. We arrived Saturday afternoon and had the rest of Saturday and all of today off! And straight from our Doppler radar system...THE WEATHER IS AMAZING! 85 and clear on Saturday - for an afternoon at the pool. And 86 and clear on Sunday - for a few hours with a million of our closest friends at Clearwater Beach (on the Gulf of Mexico) and a few more hours at the hotel pool. We're at a Hampton Inn - the rooms are beautiful - and there is an OLD CHICAGO restaurant within walking distance..which has served us well (some of us really well - for dinner BOTH nights.) We're rejuvinated and ready to roll on from here! Tomorrow we have 2 shows here in Clearwater, and then we head up the road for our shows Tuesday and Wednesday in ORLANDO! "Wonka Cast! You've just performed your show 190 times! What's next?" "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!" Hope you all had as nice and relaxing and SUN-sational weekend as WE have!

No sooner did we check IN to the hotel in Clearwater than did everyone start showing up at the pool!

Part of our first day at the pool was to help Jackie practice her swimming. L: Jill and Jen cheer Jackie on. R: Eric and Elisa wait at the finish line.

L: Jackie meets Elisa at the finish line while Eric celebratres. R: The whole Pool Gang celebrates with Jackie.

The group basks in their pool victory.

Eric shows off his new Pool-Do.

Everyone unwinds from Day One In The Sun at Old Chicago!

AFTER our pool time and dinner time, we decided to take a trip to the beach...Clearwater Beach...to walk in the ocean at night. The pictures that follow are from that trip to the water.

L: "What just moved over there? Was that a shark?" Chris said. R: "I'll be in the van!" Eric exclaimed while Jackie, Jen and Andrew looked for said-shark.

L: "It was TOO a shark, Andrew! Just lift me straight up like THIS when it comes closer!" said Jackie. R: "I see it TOO!" Shouted Jill. "I'm going in to wrestle him! I'll be right over there!" shouts Chris.

"I wonder...what is going to be the easiest way to cover Chris's parts in the show tomorrow..." Elisa ponders....

Just kidding! NO SHARK! Here is the cast enjoying the waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

This is a collection of SELF-PHOTOS that...um...well, that I took. Figure THAT one out!

Everyone with someone...

and then some other people with some OTHER people...this time, black and white. (And a couple of times, QUITE LITERALLY.)

A couple of profound shots from the MAB&WC.

Wonka takes the Gulf of Mexico by storm. April 2006.

It really WAS the best city beach. OR atleast the best city beach at 12am.

Elisa and I found a REALLY big turtle on the beach.

Here is Clearwater Beach during the day.

L: Here is the Wonka gang, soaking up some rays. R: This is what I THOUGHT was going to be my Case Of The Unfortunates for the day. MAN was I wrong. Thankfully.

Andrew celebrates his day in the sun!

CASE OF THE UNFORTUNATES - APRIL 2006

Here she is. I mean...WOW. Just sleeping right there...while people were running and walking and playing right around her. I mean, definitely unfortunate. Part of me says BRAVE, too. But more of me says UNFORTUNATE.

And here is the whole shot. A good day at the beach, INDEED!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun in the sun....you all do have a rough job! Matt, I'm glad you are feeling better. I just knew there would be a case of the unfortunates on the beach....there always is. Again, you have found a good one! I often wonder what kind of mirror these people look into before leaving home????? Hope you all enjoy your time in the Sunshine State. Have fun!
Mom Sizemore

Tue Apr 25, 07:35:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home