Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Show Day In Opelika


Back to work today! We had 2 shows here in Opelika today...and although they were fine, there really isn't anything too blog-worthy to tell about them. It does seem right to let you know that we got the first real taste of that sweet Southern HUMIDITY that we can expect over the next 5 weeks, as summer draws near. Today, outside, it was actually quite lovely. In the low 80's - a nice breeze around - and a slight trace of humidity. But inside the Performing Arts Center...well shoot...you might have thought you were in a full-fledged sauna. It was muggy...and it was only compounded by the fact that we all are SO active...and wearing so many LAYERS. How many, you may ask? Well, at one point, I think I have upwards of 46 layers of clothing on. It's how I give that nice rotund look to Augustus. (OK - maybe I have 4 layers....but today, it FELT like 46!)
Between shows, since we had 2 1/2 hours, everyone just hung out...some napping, some reading, some footballing. Infact, the real highlight of the day was the PHOTO SHOOT that took place out on the field. Enjoy the pics of everyone doing their football thing.

Here are the ACTION SHOTS from the football throw-around. These photos contain SOME nudity. Please be aware.


The new hotel - the Hilton Garden Inn Auburn - is a welcome change from the Holiday Inn up the road. But here is something interesting to gnaw on as you go. Hotels are in the business of drawing customers to their properties, right? And they do that through a number of different amenities and services. What I don't understand, after almost 8 months on the road is HOW the crappier the hotel, the GREATER their TV Channel selection seems to be. I kid you not - the less-than-desirable Holiday Inn location we were at last night had...I would say...roughly 60-70 channels. Excellent. I could catch up on some of the shows I had missed in the past week. And then we transfer down the freeway 2 exits to a beautiful and comfortable NEW property, and we're looking at 12 channels...including 4 networks, 4 news channels, 3 ESPN's and some 'hotel info' channel that has been snowy since we arrived, and I wonder WHERE they went wrong? Somewhere between the piping hot chocolate chip cookies at the front desk and the delicious ALMOST edible smell of the entire property, the common sense factor got lost. (Perhaps stuffing itself to death ON said cookies.) Anyway - I just don't get the correlation...but it's there...waiting for a full explanation.


Tomorrow 2 more shows...and perhaps, if you're all good, a PICTORAL TOUR of the Auburn University campus. Why? Um...because it's either that...or hotel information channel snow storm for the afternoon. And don't say go outside...I've done that already, too.
Have a good one....
Gussy


Between shows, I catch Chris doing some serious electric-tape-fix-it-work on the frisbee. Not sure why...but I threw it later, and it worked like a charm.


While some of the cast catch the football, and some catch some sleep, Jill catches the latest on Brittney and her brood while enjoying the weather.


Here is part of the fancy life we live. I call this 'between the first show and the second show...downtime'. Pretty profound, right? Draw your inspirtation....I can wait....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did I enjoy the photos, what I really thought was interesting is the price of gasoline in Alabama........$2.75/gallon....I paid $2.95/gallon yesterday! Lucky for you all, the Kennedy Center pays for the gas! Enjoy your time in the sunny south.
Mom Sizemore

Wed Apr 19, 07:41:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home