Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Weekend At The Lake House


Hey all...so we left Huntington on Friday...and we drove out of West Virginia...and we drove through Kentucky....and we drove through Tennessee...and we drove into Georgia...and we rolled to a stop at the Days Inn in Atlanta. Some say HOT-lanta...but when I roll into town, they call it MATT-lanta! (Thanks to my contributors for that one...I cannot take credit.)
My trip didn't end there...I kicked it at the Comfort Inn for about an hour or so, until my good friends, The Gonzalez Family, arrive! I threw my stuff in to their car and we were OFF to their house in Newnan, GA - just South of Atlanta.

The Gonzalez Family Home..notice the water in the background...

The view from the front porch.


Carlos and Heather Gonzalez are friends of mine from the 'Golden Days' of the Langley Ward. (If you know what that means, awesome. If not...don't worry...it's a long, silly explanation.) Los and I were roommates for awhile...and while we were roommates, he and Heather started dating. They have lived down in the Newnan area for 3 years, maybe...and I have been down to visit them a few times. They are 2 of my favorite people...and 2 of my dearest friends! And now I love to come visit even more, because they have the cutest little daughter, Abby...who seems entertained by my antics, which rules.
Anyhoo...since we had the weekend off, I spent the Easter weekend with the Gonzelez family at their new house on Lake Redwine...relaxing, eating, sleeping, reading, laughing, shopping and catching up. There were no real schedules...and Monday morning (when I had to meet back up with the cast) came WAY too fast! Luckily, they are coming to see this thing called WONKA on Tuesday, so I'll get to see them one more time.

The view off their back porch...looking at Lake Redwine. They are not done with the lawn...laying sod soon. Don't JUDGE THEM by their lawn, readers.


Monday rolled around - I met the cast on I-85 South, heading to Alabama, and we were back on schedule. Today (Monday), we drove the 60 miles to Opelika...we checked into our hotel (that rates mid-level on the SKETCH-O-METER...it's NOTHING like that Vermont-stop, and it ain't no Omni, either....) and everyone did their own thing. I kicked it. By the pool. In my room. At Target. A few different places. And in the end, we don't even have to stay in this hotel that long - tomorrow we check out and head to the Hilton Garden Inn. It suits us better.

Andrew showing you that we have arrived in Bama...


Anyway - this was a boring entry. And if you don't know Carlos and Heather, the pictures are probably going to be boring, too. And to that...I say FEH. It happens. PLUS - even if you don't know them, you gotta be entertained by that Baby Abby. What a KICK!
Stories from Alabama to follow soon...
G

A whole slew of Abby In Orange candids.

HAHAHAHA! And those cool GLASSES!?

Abby in Easter Pink candids.

Abby in Easter Pink B&W candids.

Abby in Pajama Candids.

Abby in some 'Goodbye, Matt' candids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home